AndyC3J

New Apparatus Orders/Deliveries - All Areas Discussion Thread

816 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, frost025 said:

That's great, get rid of the professionals buy a new truck.... What's wrong with that taxpayers

One thing has nothing to do with the other......unless your trying to stir things up.

AFS1970, vodoly and Westfield12 like this

3 hours ago, GreatPlains588 said:

One thing has nothing to do with the other......unless your trying to stir things up.

Just a taxpayer (Frost025) of Port Chester wondering why the politicians say there's no money for career staff, but plenty of money for a new rig ? Is the current R40 that worn out or beat up ? Just wondering.

FDNY 10-75, BFD1054 and Newburgher like this

12 hours ago, fdalumnus said:

Just a taxpayer (Frost025) of Port Chester wondering why the politicians say there's no money for career staff, but plenty of money for a new rig ? Is the current R40 that worn out or beat up ? Just wondering.

Rescue 40 - 1994 Pierce Lance

Will probably be 25 years old when or if new one comes. NFPA reccomends 20 year replacement,.

AFS1970 and Westfield12 like this

I can't speak for the current condition of Rescue 40, but as GreatPlains588 mentioned, it is 23 years old this year......two years away from officially reaching antique status, and will likely be so before a replacement arrives (assuming said replacement is a custom order).    Lot of places would have retired it years ago.    

In other news, an article in the paper the other day says Vails Gate (Orange) is looking to vote on purchasing a new rig.   I assume a replacement for Engine 479?   

vodoly and Westfield12 like this

23 hours ago, PCFD ENG58 said:

Port Chester fire Dept Rescue 40  in committee now for a new rig

Rescue replacement usually takes 3 years from what I have seen  takes a lot of looking into and visits from apparatus builders looking at demos visiting other depts RIdgefield NJ's Sutphen SVI  took 3 years before it made it's first trip to ridgefield   Fort Lee's took about 2 years of planning and visits from 3 other manufacturers Reps I would say before bid was finally awarded I also heard the same thing about 25 year NFPA  rule is getting Englewood Cliffs a new Pierce Velocity pumper 

Edited by vodoly

2 hours ago, AndyC3J said:

I can't speak for the current condition of Rescue 40, but as GreatPlains588 mentioned, it is 23 years old this year......two years away from officially reaching antique status, and will likely be so before a replacement arrives (assuming said replacement is a custom order).    Lot of places would have retired it years ago.    

In other news, an article in the paper the other day says Vails Gate (Orange) is looking to vote on purchasing a new rig.   I assume a replacement for Engine 479?   

Yes they are replacing 479. They told us that this past summer. When i go back for the Seagrave this spring lll ask.  Walden has a Spartan Ladder in production also

vodoly and Westfield12 like this

Fort Lee NJ received a 2017 Ford Expedition for Chief of Dept FL9 similar to the 2014 unit

Westfield12 likes this

EJ Metals of Wisconsin is currently building an attack pumper for The Long Hill Fire District in the Town of Trumbull, CT. The truck is being built on an F-550 4x4 chassis and delivery is expected some time in June.

Edgewater's New KME pumper slated to go to Engine 5   Had final Inspection visit last weekend   pictures of Engine 5  are posted on thier Facebook page  Edgewater Fire Company 1

x635 and Westfield12 like this

Saw pics of Upper Saddle River's KME pumper/tanker Ed May work in progress on their Facebook site Btw on a side note Edgewater Engine 5's coming graphics ready Unless they get Mr May for a little something 

Westfield12 likes this

Palisades Park begins Driver Training tonight and the whole weekend Ridgefield still covering on Truck company requests 

Westfield12 likes this

I guess Buffalo is getting a new Ladder. Saw a rear mount ladder going North on I-95 at the Georgia/South Carolina border. It was lettered on the Ladder 'Buffalo FD'. Might be coming up from the E-One Facility in Ocala.

Westfield12 likes this

On 3/17/2017 at 8:54 PM, vodoly said:

Palisades Park begins Driver Training tonight and the whole weekend Ridgefield still covering on Truck company requests 

Palisades Park Ladder 1 placed in service at 16:00 this afternoon 

Westfield12 likes this

On 3/18/2017 at 4:10 PM, man4054 said:

Sicomac Engine Company #3 in Wyckoff Pierce Enforcer engine is nearing final inspection.

FB_IMG_1489857400627.jpg

Wow that's a beauty!!!!!

Westfield12 likes this

6 hours ago, vodoly said:

Wow that's a beauty!!!!!

Is that Enforcer on a PUC chassis?? 

On 3/9/2017 at 1:32 PM, vodoly said:

Edgewater's New KME pumper slated to go to Engine 5   Had final Inspection visit last weekend   pictures of Engine 5  are posted on thier Facebook page  Edgewater Fire Company 1

According to their Facebook page The new Engine 5's going to the northern end firehouse & Engine 1's moving to Headquarters (better for us up in Englewood Cliffs  Fort Lee lol)

Westfield12 likes this

I don't think Wyckoff is a PUC.   Looks like a bit of a gap between the cab and body.   I'm sure we'll see more pics of it once they do final inspection and/or it's delivered. 

Nyack (Rockland Co.) took delivery of two new KME pumpers yesterday.  They will be assigned to Jackson Hose #3 and Highland Hose #5, replacing a 1984 Hahn and 1985 Pierce Arrow, respectively.   

Wyckoff is not a PUC, regular pumper.  Saddle River is in but not lettered and no tool mounting. 

Westfield12 likes this

On 3/19/2017 at 10:48 PM, lad45der said:

Is that Enforcer on a PUC chassis?? 

It is an extended cab Enforcer, with the Arrow XT headlight bezel option. Probably not a PUC, as the lower pump area has a hose tray, which is not available on a PUC.

Westfield12 and vodoly like this

On 3/26/2017 at 6:49 PM, AndyC3J said:

I don't think Wyckoff is a PUC.   Looks like a bit of a gap between the cab and body.   I'm sure we'll see more pics of it once they do final inspection and/or it's delivered. 

Nyack (Rockland Co.) took delivery of two new KME pumpers yesterday.  They will be assigned to Jackson Hose #3 and Highland Hose #5, replacing a 1984 Hahn and 1985 Pierce Arrow, respectively.   

Them Nyack KME's are some Sweet looking pumpers Nice low hose beds I'll miss the Hahn Another one leaving us 

Westfield12 likes this

Latest on Fort Lee's Rescue The chassis sould be ready for delivery to Rescue 1  next month Once that's there they'll begin to build the body still shooting for late August September delivery 

Edited by vodoly
Westfield12 likes this

Possible, but the FWD/Seagrave at the Mountainville station is beyond due for replacement (based on age) as well.   Will be interesting to see.   

On 3/27/2017 at 7:51 PM, EmsFirePolice said:

Croton's new Rescue 18 is in service.

Best of luck with it and that it serves you well, when's the wetdown??