spyda308

Westchester County Fire List

178 posts in this topic

If you say yes to a canvass letter for a jurisdiction do you stay on the list?

Word on the street is Peekskill has sent out letters. However, canvassing letters does not necessarily equal hirings.

x635 likes this

I wonder how man letters went out. Anyone know how many they plan to hire?

x635 likes this

3 for Port Chester.

Any idea if Port Chester is moving beyond their residency list ? As I understand it they reached the 75's on the list with their last hirings. Are there many more left on their list ?

x635 likes this

Anyone know which towns are going to the academy this fall / when it starts?

x635 likes this

I believe Hartsdale, Scarsdale, Fairview, Rye, Port Chester, Eastchester all sent candidates to the CPAT. I'd imagine most of those departments would be sending recruits.

Port Chester has been browning out Engine 59 for a while now to the point that it is just about shut down . Once 16 men,now 5 men.

Bottom of Da Hill likes this

Port Chester has been browning out Engine 59 for a while now to the point that it is just about shut down . Once 16 men,now 5 men.

What happened to the other 11 men?

Bottom of Da Hill likes this

March 2015.....New list will probably be certified around Aug/Sept 2015

Current list expires 11/01/15, correct me if I'm wrong but a new list can't be certified till the old one expires right ?

Either way, has anyone heard of any FD's canvassing for the spring class ?

the list is good for 3-4 years the old list expires when they certify the new list. there is no concrete time frame in which the list must be active.

The past 3 or so lists have been all given in march and have been certified early fall, but theoretically, the county can give a new test any time after 3 years passes, rendering the current list expired as soon as they certify the new one

Port Chester never hired. They shafted the 4 that went all the way only to be told F you 3 days before the class started Engine 59 shut down no men and no rig .

So who did hire this class ? Peekskill and Port Chester didn't go through anyone else ?

the filing for the last exam is dec/jan

Port Chester never hired. They shafted the 4 that went all the way only to be told F you 3 days before the class started Engine 59 shut down no men and no rig .

I thought Engine 59 worked nights to cover Rye Brook?

Engine 58 moves out of HQ to cover the loss of engine 59, no manned engine at hq after 1900 hr till 0700

Engine 58 moves out of HQ to cover the loss of engine 59, no manned engine at hq after 1900 hr till 0700

What a crock of shyt. What's the unions stance on this?

What a crock of shyt. What's the unions stance on this?

As a former Union rep, the clear answer to those in charge would be, "Who are we supposed to protect? The people who pay our salaries directly? Or the people who have their protection through a jurisdictional agreement because they cannot staff their own full time department?"

But, to get back on the topic of the thread...Is the county holding another towns & villages test next year?

So who did hire this class ? Peekskill and Port Chester didn't go through anyone else ?

I only know of Mount Vernon for sure and I think I heard Yonkers.

Edited by spec

As a former Union rep, the clear answer to those in charge would be, "Who are we supposed to protect? The people who pay our salaries directly? Or the people who have their protection through a jurisdictional agreement because they cannot staff their own full time department?"

Isn't Rye Brook paying PC which in turn pays the salaries (of the few remaining firefighters)?

I only know of Mount Vernon for sure and I think I heard Yonkers.

Neither use the county test or list

I know neither use the county list but they have people in the current academy which is the same academy used by the county.

I know neither use the county list but they have people in the current academy which is the same academy used by the county.

Unless things have changed I believe Yonkers still conducts their own classes separate from the county.

Dinosaur likes this

Did anyone take the CPAT the other week for the county? I believe this is the last round off that list?

Paolo5286 likes this