Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
v85

Rockland Paramedics/Rockland Mobile Care

3 posts in this topic

I always thought that Rockland Paramedics had the 911 contracts in Rockland, and Rockland Mobile Care did interfacility transports and nursing homes.

However, I recently saw two things that made me question that. First I saw a unit responding with Stony Point ambulance that said Rockland Mobile Care, North Rockland Medic 1. Is that new, or have they always been with mobile care as opposed to RPS.

Also I recently saw a Tuxedo Medic 31 truck, that also said Rockland Mobile Care on it, instead of RPS. Did they switch too, or were they just using a spare truck?

its all rps. Medic one requires an ambulance for the contract as per the towns. so the ambulance is from rmc. which is a sister company of rps. as far as medic 31 the truck you may have saw was a captain's take home vehicle that is letter as an rmc vehicle. I hope that this helps you out...

boca1day likes this

Exactly....Medic 31 truck last time I saw it was a Tahoe labeled Rockland Paramedics...the rest of the Medic trucks in rockland are suburbans labeled in Rockland Paramedics livery as well as whichever Medic it is (23, 25, 3, 5, 21, etc..) on the rear windows. Medic 1 runs the Type II Ambulance as per contract with the town. RMC still does the transport work within the county and beyond in a multitude of various type II vans and Type III rigs. Just thought I would add a little bit of what I know.