Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
38ff

Andy Leider collection moving out of NY

10 posts in this topic

And off to PA it goes.

post-17848-0-91737300-1404303979.jpg

Edited by 38ff

Don't know all the facts, but I am going to guess that this is going to be more of an addition than a full replacement. Time will tell. I know he still has plenty of rigs at his other locations as well.

Doesn't surprise me anytime I hear that a company or person is leaving NY. Businesses, and the people they employ, are leaving. NY is losing population. 50 years ago the most populated state, now the 4th. I recently spent several days traveling through many upstate counties/towns from Roscoe to Oneonta and all through the Catskill Park region. There are more abandoned farms, houses and houses for sale than not. In one area I went through, nearly 2/3 of the houses/farms had "for sale" signs. Sad. A recent Gallup Poll found that 41% of current NY residents would leave if they could.

BFD1054 likes this

Given the size of the Ethan Allen property in PA, 296,000 square foot building on 26 acres, it is more likely that Andy will consolidate ALL of his collection in that location. The Ethan Allen building appears to be many times the size of his existing building in Orange County.

Doesn't surprise me anytime I hear that a company or person is leaving NY. Businesses, and the people they employ, are leaving. NY is losing population. 50 years ago the most populated state, now the 4th. I recently spent several days traveling through many upstate counties/towns from Roscoe to Oneonta and all through the Catskill Park region. There are more abandoned farms, houses and houses for sale than not. In one area I went through, nearly 2/3 of the houses/farms had "for sale" signs. Sad. A recent Gallup Poll found that 41% of current NY residents would leave if they could.

Fracking. I have actually heard of farms whose property taxes were increased commensurate with the value of the underlying resources which can not be recovered. I also know of many farms whose owners work long distance in other states to pay the taxes necessary to keep the land for which they can find no buyers. Much needs to change, I don't expect it will any time soon.

Given the size of the Ethan Allen property in PA, 296,000 square foot building on 26 acres, it is more likely that Andy will consolidate ALL of his collection in that location. The Ethan Allen building appears to be many times the size of his existing building in Orange County.

I just hope they start to actually restore this unbelievable collection. Its sad to see how 99% are just rotting.

While I love the fact that someone is buying them in an attempt to save them (better than melting them down), I still think of this as the place that old fire trucks go to die.

I have to agree with you, Bnechis.....

Restorations have started on many of them in the last year, mostly the Foxs

Bnechis likes this

What about all the non Fox's? That's the majority of them.

What's going to happen to the Fairchester Hose Haulers?

And didn't he promise to make his current facility a museum and restoration center? He's taking a lot of Hudson Valley history with him.