Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

Inappropriate language use on dispatch channel

5 posts in this topic

About 30 minutes ago I was listening to 4626 Ossining had just finished transmitting a dept message when some jerk decided he was going to be funny and said s*** the f word up lol. I bring this up 1 because it's totally unprofessional and 2 was wondering if there's a way to trace where the transmission came from

Unprofessional would be department's not getting off of 46.26 when everyone else is on a trunk frequency, or there's is an actual run or a job ongoing or getting on the radio to give your noon time test when companies are currently on a run or just finishing up. This guy just decided to man up and say what a lot of us are already thinking!

newsbuff, FF398, MauroS and 5 others like this

I know there are ways to triangulate radio transmissions, i believe the coast guard has this technology. I'm not sure who else would have this capability though.

I know there are ways to triangulate radio transmissions, i believe the coast guard has this technology. I'm not sure who else would have this capability though.

It would have to be constantly transmitting for them to do so.

Dinosaur and EMT-7035 like this

there are other ways to track them now. most radios have an Identifier code now, especially the trunk probables. most radio systems with a man down button on the radios have them to know who is in trouble.