Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

Preffered Radio Brands

11 posts in this topic

just curious as to what brand of radios are prefered for personal and or dept use and why?

Along the same lines.... I was looking at the trunking portables.. Any info?

Most testing and real life fire ground experience points towards UHF simplex analog for fire ground tactical communications.

Depends on the environment too. Urban settings generally have better success with UHF equipment and rural/open areas generally do better with VHF.

just curious as to what brand of radios are prefered for personal and or dept use and why?

Depends on what you are trying to do with them.

Motorola tends to be much more expensive than other brands, but they have features that are not available in other brands. The ability to do electronic roll calls, evacuations and for the dispatch or command post to see if a radio is dying or changing to another channel.

Motorola tends to be much more expensive than other brands, but they have features that are not available in other brands. The ability to do electronic roll calls, evacuations and for the dispatch or command post to see if a radio is dying or changing to another channel.

I'm not a fan of motorolla 2 way radios I like kenwood more as it's easier and cheaper to program yourself

I'm not a fan of motorolla 2 way radios I like kenwood more as it's easier and cheaper to program yourself

You get what you pay for.

Yes its easier & cheaper and fewer feature particularly on the firefighter safety issues. And yes anything is easier to program than Motorola