americanpolice

NEW Yonkers ESU HazMat Truck

8 posts in this topic

The heading of the post says hazmat truck, but I don't see that wording on the unit. Is this a special hazmat unit, or a generic major unit response unit? Either way, nice looking truck. It appears to have a Federal Q, which is, after all, critical. Unless it is a fake federal. Either way, I look forward to working alongside the YPD ESU with this new gear.

soboss34 and x635 like this

I think it has an NFPA diamond hazmat symbol on the back roll up door of the truck

87D124 likes this

Wow... Thats a sweet ride. Hope it works perfect for years to come. And yes, its a real Q.

This new truck is specifically for CBRNE incident response.

Yonkers PD has placed another Hackney Special Services body into their fleet. This one is designated as a CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and high-yield Explosives) Unit.

FEATURES:

CHASSIS:
Kenworth T440; 6x4 Class 8 with extended Day cab
  • Cummins PX-9 400EV engine; 400 hp with 1250 torque and Jacobs retarder
  • Vertical exhaust
  • Allison 3000EVS automatic six-speed transmission
  • 16,000# front axle; 40,000# tandem rear axles
  • Alcoa aluminum wheels with Michelin XZY3 385/65R22.5, 18-ply front tires; Michelin XZY-3 12R22.5 rear tires (8)
  • 60-gallon polished aluminum fuel tank and 11-gallon polished aluminum DEF tank
  • Electric windows and door locks
  • Motorized and heated mirrors
BODY:
Hackney HM0875R – 25.4-ft with eight (8) roll-up door side compartments; recessed roof with roof compartments; and rear personnel compartment
  • Drop/Pinch Frame
  • 80” headroom personnel compartment aft of rear wheels with two-man command and control desk; solid-surface wrap-around desk; four (4) 8” high x 36” wide x 24” deep slide-out drawers; 41” high x 36” high x 24” deep storage cabinet with three adjustable shelves; two (2) 42” wide x 23” high x 16” deep cabinets with split hinged doors above desk.
  • Electric retract step at personnel compartment entrance door
  • Pneumatic drop-down step platforms on all compartments forward of rear wheels for access to upper storage areas of the compartment
  • Slide-out rack for eight (8) complete SCBA’s in “back-up and go” donning configuration
  • Roof storage compartments, 26” wide x 12.5” deep: (1) 133” long; (1) 213” long
  • LED tail lights with Whelen TAL85 LED traffic advisor
  • Recessed LED compartment strip lights in side walls of each compartment
  • Whelen LED dome lights in personnel compartment
  • Whelen Delta LED light bar on cab roof
  • Whelen blue upper and lower zone LED warning lights
  • Federal Q2B in front bumper
  • Whelen 295SLSA1 electronic siren with bumper mounted speaker
  • 12’ x 6” digital clock in rear personnel compartment
  • Weather monitor with telescoping pole for instrumentation on rear body
  • Telescoping green command beacon
  • 25kw Onan PTO generator inside left front compartment protected from road spray
  • 1000-watt Vanner inverter
  • 30-amp automatic transfer relay to dedicated circuits allowing power from either generator or shorepower
  • 100-amp manual transfer relay
  • 240VAC cord reels with 200-ft yellow 10/4 cable (2)
  • FRC Spectra SPA260-J15 LED flood lights on upper body: (3) each side; (2) rear – remotely switched from cab
  • NightScan NS 4.5-5400-6-MGN-220V light tower with remote controlled observation camera routed to 22” LED monitor in rear personnel compartment
  • Roof mounted 120vac air conditioner for rear personnel compartment
  • 1500-watt heater in rear personnel compartment
  • Norcold DE-0751BB, 2.7 cu.ft. combination AC/DC refrigerator
PHOTOS

What exactly is the purpose of a 12 FOOT digital clock and where do ya keep that? :blink:

And a serious question, I've noticed one of the County's MDU trailers outside the 2nd Pct on Central Avenue lately. I thought it was there for Engine 307 as part of their haz-mat support role but when I looked closer, I saw that it had PD logos on it. Is the PD doing mass decon now?