WHarley3

Did Tony Stewart Do It Intentionally?

5 posts in this topic

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO

I can't see how some people think this is intentional when the guy ran out in front of the car.

NASCAR driver Tony Stewart ran over a competitor, 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr., during a confrontation at a sprint car race on Saturday night at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York. Ward was killed.

In the video above, via YouTube, you can see Ward apparently confronting Stewart on foot after Ward's car is run into the wall. He is struck, dragged, then thrown a number of feet. According to Ontario County Sheriff Philip C. Povero, Ward was dead on arrival at the hospital.

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcQdj2I_uTE&list=UUlU5OoR7ktCapu6ernPukTw

I think Steward saw him and went to go close and even "spray" him with dirt. The reason I say this is, looking at the motion of the car and the audio of the video, it seems like Steward "goosed" the accelerator just before Ward was struck.

I also don't understand how NASCAR thought it would be okay to put him on the track on Sunday.

I don't know if there is bad blood between the two; I agree that Ward should have never left his vehicle, but Steward is a menace to the sport. It's not the "good ole days" where car racing is lawless. I have never like Steward, I hope more video of the incident comes out.

My thoughts and prayers to the Ward family. This was a completely avoidable and senseless death.

I think Steward saw him and went to go close and even "spray" him with dirt. The reason I say this is, looking at the motion of the car and the audio of the video, it seems like Steward "goosed" the accelerator just before Ward was struck.

I also don't understand how NASCAR thought it would be okay to put him on the track on Sunday.

I don't know if there is bad blood between the two; I agree that Ward should have never left his vehicle, but Steward is a menace to the sport. It's not the "good ole days" where car racing is lawless. I have never like Steward, I hope more video of the incident comes out.

My thoughts and prayers to the Ward family. This was a completely avoidable and senseless death.

Stewart didn't race today. Regan Smith drove for him.

The kid in the video ran towards him and the goosing of the throttle that you saw was him trying to turn the car to the bottom of the track. The only way to get a sprint car to turn quickly is to use the throttle. Watch the way they race. The car is designed to race sideways and thus it doesn't like to turn moving slow.

EDIT:

Your thought about him trying to spray Ward with dirt makes no sense as well. These are hard packed clay (most of the time) tracks. There is little to no spraying of dirt on a night like last night.

Edited by mfc2257
calhobs likes this

It looks like the car that just missed him might have obstructed Stewart's view of the track as they were very close and still racing. Getting out of your car and encroaching on the track with cars still racing obviously did not have a good outcome. Condolences to his family. Sometimes ego, macho and speed don't mix well.