x635

Stamford (CT) Fire Rescue Entry Level Firefighter Recruitment (Closing December 5th 2014)

100 posts in this topic

I'm not sure we're down more then a position or two right now. We've also been with out a contract for a bit and it doesn't seem like we'll see one anytime soon, many speculate we'll see a mass exodus when we do have a deal in place.

Of course there is a rumor floating around the city plans to hire 16 in Feb, to complete the TOR safer grant. The rumor goes like this, the city will create a list of people who already have CPAT cards and hire from that list for Feb. Then they plan to merge lists as people who are taking the spring CPAT pass. I'm sure the city spelled this out in the application package... I have complete faith this hiring will be run smoothly and you'll be kept informed as to how the city is planning on doing this or you'll be completely left in the dark.

So would this mean everyone would find out results by feb. or just people already with cpat??

So would this mean everyone would find out results by feb. or just people already with cpat??

Did you just ask a question to yourself regarding your last post?

Did anybody receive that other letter that Stamford was suppose to send out with the date and time and location? The only thing I have is that study packet still.

I have no idea and have heard nothing about how the city plans to do any of this.

Did anybody receive that other letter that Stamford was suppose to send out with the date and time and location? The only thing I have is that study packet still.

Call HR.

Letters were mailed out, the test is still scheduled as planned. Your entrance letter will tell you your arrival time.

If you plan on coming into the Department focused on rumors, promoting them, or a general bad attitude towards the City, hopefully your entrance letter arrives sometime in the next few weeks.

Best wishes to everyone else.

AFS1970, FFSiano, Ladder44 and 1 other like this

People are trying to find out information not promote rumors

Is everyone else taking the test at Westhill High School ? Judging for google maps it doesn't seem to have a lot of parking. Anyone have any parking recommendations ?

Is everyone else taking the test at Westhill High School ? Judging for google maps it doesn't seem to have a lot of parking. Anyone have any parking recommendations ?

I would assume not everyone is testing at the same time. Parking won't be an issue, but if it is Turn of River station two is across the street, they are only there during St Leo's Fair so the lot will be empty.

Ladder44 likes this

There is plenty of parking at West Hill, and there is parking at Roxbury School just across the street (oddly enough, on West Hill Rd).

People are trying to find out information not promote rumors

K, I must have been confused when I read this.........

Of course there is a rumor floating around the city plans to hire 16 in Feb, to complete the TOR safer grant. The rumor goes like this, the city will create a list of people who already have CPAT cards and hire from that list for Feb. Then they plan to merge lists as people who are taking the spring CPAT pass. I'm sure the city spelled this out in the application package... I have complete faith this hiring will be run smoothly and you'll be kept informed as to how the city is planning on doing this or you'll be completely left in the dark.

robert benz likes this

The City appears to be trying to move on hiring in the very near future.

I would expect those that passed and scored at the top of the list will receive notification shortly.

Nffd375 likes this

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/article/Stamford-government-briefs-6090666.php

So the city is considering giving residency points to people who couldn't complete the process in the time frame given.

If you don't hold a cpat card or are passed over for a person given points after the fact what are your options?

I feel bad for non cpats holder and non residents, the city is screwing you over.

Once again this is absolute BS...they keep screwing people. Prob will never take this test again

Here we go again

Edited by PHIL78

Can anyone explain to me how a written test can be sexist? I have heard and do not agree that they can be racist, but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that men and women somehow speak different languages? Understand different words? Use different alphabets? Last time I checked the test was given in English, the same language that all men and women are educated in (at least for the time being) in the country.

nfd2004 likes this

It's BS but oh well. At least some people get a chance to re-test

This all just shows that the true function of "the City that works" is dysfunction.

Shouldnt even apply to these tests anymore. Its becoming a waste of money and the best person for the job is not actually going to get hired.