x635

Stamford (CT) Fire Rescue Entry Level Firefighter Recruitment (Closing December 5th 2014)

100 posts in this topic

Will they be using Morons Morris & McDonald's McDaniel for the oral portion of the exam as well? If so, enjoy that particular charlie-foxtrot.

Edited by SageVigiles
AFS1970 likes this

So we are to believe that the test included questions about baseball players wearing overalls?

Anybody have any idea why there is going to be two parts to the make up test? As if we havent wasted enough time on this test already.

Part two is an oral exam. Funny how they need to see the candidates before scoring them this time. I wonder who'll get hired now....

Yeah exactly. Just a side note i just got finished reading about the stamford vollies that got hired who didnt have to take a written test or cpat. Hmmm....

ONLY ONE STAMFORD VOLUNTEER PASSED, THATS WHY THE TEST IS BEING SCRAPPED.

Funny isn't it, the city conditionally hires 8 volunteers who took no test, arranges CPAT for them, and is now being sued in federal court by a volunteer for age discrimination.

The next hiring process gives a test, only releases scores to people who hold CPAT cards, schedules 45 interviews, cancels interviews and then claims test was biased.

nfd2004 likes this

I counted at least 3 on the interview list, all of whom had passed the CPAT. Sounds like you have bad info....

ONLY ONE STAMFORD VOLUNTEER PASSED, THATS WHY THE TEST IS BEING SCRAPPED.

The list I have shows one Stamford volunteer and the list was made up of only people with CPAT. But it really doesn't matter. :D

They should be giving back full refunds to everyone who doesn't want to deal with the

"Re-test" process. Never again stamford.

AFS1970 likes this

They should be giving back full refunds to everyone who doesn't want to deal with the

No, they should be giving interviews to those who originally earned them. Not illegally throwing out a test to fit the city's agenda.

AFS1970 likes this

I agree with ya on that. Hope you are getting a good lawyer

Apparently the 4 volunteers I know who are on that list don't exist. But I guess that really doesn't matter, does it.

The list I have shows one Stamford volunteer and the list was made up of only people with CPAT. But it really doesn't matter. :D

Edited by TRFDprobie

The City is in mourning over your decision. The amount of shear talent that they are missing must be staggering.

Unless you were one of the 96 people, who passed the first test, the only thing that stands before you is an opportunity to do better on this test.

Incessant whining on the internet must be a better investment of your time than sitting down for 3-4 hours of test time to earn a 30-40 year career that pays a six figure salary requiring nothing more than a high school diploma.

Good riddance, keep riding the keyboard. Let those that have a bit more stamina and fortitude ride the tailboard.

Out.

Edited by x152
PCFD ENG58 and LEGENDARYDOM83 like this

WOW, 4 passed i'm really impressed now. :blink: I wish you all better luck next time.

Anybody know any updates on the 2nd test how many made to the oral part ?

It seems all who passed the written made it to the oral, which now conveniently gives the City of Stamford the choice of anyone who could passed a dumbed down written. The oral counts for 75% of the total grade with written only being 25%.

I saw the roster for the first section of interviews, it had about 115 candidates, there were 2 other groups which I assume are similar sizes.

Everyone got invited to the oral I believe.

Edited by RTMM53

RTMM53: Did you take the test or are you passing along from other sources?

Any one have an idea of how many people are making it to the final interview next week?

Why? The guys on the line aren't responsible for the city playing games with a test. And if you think Stamford is the only one that has ever played these games I have a bridge to sell you.

FFPCogs, FFSiano and CTFF like this

Any ideas on when final results will be getting out?

No results have been released. Selections have been made however and those chosen have been notified.

No results have been released. Selections have been made however and those chosen have been notified.

Are you talking about notifications for the final interview or the position? Edited by Nffd375