x635

White Plains Firefighter suffers heart attack battling flames

13 posts in this topic

Incident occurred last night. Thoughts and prayers. Does anyone have any updates?

A 12-year veteran of the department collapsed fighting an apartment fire on the sixth floor of 90 Bryant Avenue. (November 4, 2014 10:30 AM)

A firefighter is recovering in the hospital this morning after suffering a heart attack while battling a blaze in White Plains.

More than a dozen firefighters responded to an apartment fire on the sixth floor of 90 Bryant Ave.

One of the firefighters, a 12-year veteran of the department, collapsed on the scene.

The 50-year-old was rushed to White Plains Hospital after being revived...

Source: http://hudsonvalley.news12.com/news/white-plains-firefighter-suffers-heart-attack-battling-flames-1.9582912

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

From what I've heard through facebook and other firefighters is that he doing much better and is expected to recover well from this incident. Let's hope for a speedy recovery!

Bottom of Da Hill likes this

Thoughts and Prayers to the Firefighter, Family and WPFD Brothers

Hey guys here for an update-my father was responding to a full assignment on Monday when he suddenly collapsed. My brothers from WPFD used an AED to bring him back almost immediately. He went in for surgery yesterday and all went well. The doctors expect him to make a full recovery. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Newtofire, Steve, x635 and 18 others like this

Hey guys here for an update-my father was responding to a full assignment on Monday when he suddenly collapsed. My brothers from WPFD used an AED to bring him back almost immediately. He went in for surgery yesterday and all went well. The doctors expect him to make a full recovery. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad to hear things are going well.

This is a reminder -- NOT NECESSARILLY IN THIS CASE -- but it's important to stay in shape for this job.

Again, NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PARTICULAR CASE because I don't really know. Just a general reminder.

Bottom of Da Hill likes this

I'm glad to hear things are going well.

This is a reminder -- NOT NECESSARILLY IN THIS CASE -- but it's important to stay in shape for this job.

Again, NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PARTICULAR CASE because I don't really know. Just a general reminder.

I agree 100%. My father exercised regularly and took care of himself. He took a stress test in September and PASSED NO PROBLEM. This is the second time I've heard of a stress test inaccurately diagnosing any severe atherosclerosis or blockages. The only way they saw the blockages was through arterial catheterization. My father wants to tell everyone consult your doctor and see if this is an option. It may save your life or another's one day.

This is why NFPA 1901 requires AED's on all apparatus even if you do not provide EMS 1st Response. This is why all firefighters should have CPR and even CFR or EMT as a minimum.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery and to getting back to work ASAP!