Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

1969 Siccard airport blower

16 posts in this topic

Working the streets of Port Chester for 46 years. Check out the street across from Fire HQ , no snow as it was done the day before. EMTBravo's Res40cue on lunch break from long days running Taz the snow fighter.

post-289-0-00146000-1423863742.jpg

Anesti, BFD1054, x635 and 1 other like this

That's such a cool and useful machine especially considering when there's no where else to put snow in downtown Port Chester. It looks beautifully maintained. Does Port Chester DPW still operate Mack R's as well to plow?

Thanks for sharing the shot!

Also run 6 R Mack salter's, 2RD Mack salters both with plows one with 4 wheel drive ex Nassau county and a very nice 1985 Autocar salter.

x635 and BFD1054 like this

I've seen and admired the Siccard Taz around Po Cho for a few years. Awesome machine, and can Yonkers borrow it sometime??

x635 likes this

Also, Angelo, the old PC DPW Ford bucket truck is another example of a well-maintained relic.

x635 likes this

Nice Macks! My camera and me need to pay a visit, sounds like PCDPW has a very cool fleet. Thanks for the pics!

The Autocar 1985 ex vacall truck rebuild by the great staff at the DPW

Took my CDL road test in an 1988 Autocar. Beast of a truck!

Working the streets of Port Chester for 46 years. Check out the street across from Fire HQ , no snow as it was done the day before. EMTBravo's Res40cue on lunch break from long days running Taz the snow fighter.

Courtesy of the Oshkosh website, this is what we're using at HPN for heavy snow removal. It's amazing how far the technology has come along, and this thing is a beast! And, yes, it's all wheel steering.

Large-H-Series-Blower.jpg?width=678&heig

E106MKFD and x635 like this

dwcfireman , the S

iccard was bought from the saleman from Siccard after the county turned down the unit. It was bought by the county for the airport [HPN]. Port Chester picked it up at the county garage on Brockway place in White Plains.

x635 and dwcfireman like this

Took my CDL road test in an 1988 Autocar. Beast of a truck!

Courtesy of the Oshkosh website, this is what we're using at HPN for heavy snow removal. It's amazing how far the technology has come along, and this thing is a beast! And, yes, it's all wheel steering.

Large-H-Series-Blower.jpg?width=678&heig

Best part of the job working at HPN Ops was snow removal.

x635 likes this

Not really mean for use in tight areas.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/18/giant-snowblower-covers-west-roxbury-homes-with-dirt-ice/

Many, many years ago might have been 1995-1996 season, I saw a similar piece of equipment clearing streets in downtown Albany. It pulled up to an intersection and didn't see the Honda hatchback at the line (yes, driver inside waiting for the light). Needless to say, with the augers running, it was not much of a match for the back end of the Honda.

The Siccard that Port Chester uses like most has 2 stages. When used to fill trucks it is used in first stage and cannot throw no more then 15 feet.But like the one used in Boston that was used by a pissed off operator that was not using it right at all, and yes sucked up a few shopping carriages along the way

x635 likes this