Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Vails Gate (Orange) - Working Fire - 03/17/15

7 posts in this topic

Date: 03/17/15

Time: 1328hrs

District: Vails Gate/Town of New Windsor

Units: VGFD Car-1 (IC), E481, E479, T482, City of Newburgh (1&1), Good-Will (Engine), NWPD, NWEMS

Description: Working Fire in a 1-story SFD

x635 likes this

With Newburgh's staffing, they still offer up 1 & 1 for mutual aid?

Newburgh is very generous with mutual aid responses, depending on commitment times they will call back overtime. As much as they use it they understand it is a two way street. IMO it seems over the last few years Newburgh has begun providing more mutual aid then they receive.

Oh, I get that it's a two way street. It has to be. I'm just surprised that they give so much.

Oh, I get that it's a two way street. It has to be. I'm just surprised that they give so much.

Obviously with the commitment to maintain adequate coverage in the City in mind, Newburgh has not turned down any mutual aid request unless they have all their resources tied up. Like 201/65 has mentioned, Newburgh will hire back and staff additional apparatus (which can be manned relatively quickly) and/or use "staff" personnel to staff an additional apparatus.

Newburgher and BFD1054 like this

I don't think two companies are typically called. In this case a daytime fire and by the IA we see the requesting department only got our half their rigs.

BFD1054 likes this

I don't think two companies are typically called. In this case a daytime fire and by the IA we see the requesting department only got our half their rigs.

VGFD had (2) Engines and (1) Truck for this fire which came in around 1:30 on a Tuesday (St. Patricks Day). Hate to say it, but that's a hell of a lot more than many Depts can get anytime nowadays. I am in NO way saying that is a good response, believe me. We strive to dump both our stations with full crews. Obviously this doesn't happen all the time unfortunately.

As far as having Newburgh come in M/A; They are very gracious. We (VGFD) have them on our boxes as our primary FAST for obvious reasons. It is rare that we would call upon NFD for an additional company because we know the strain it creates for them.

We try and release NFD as quickly as possible to get them back into the City.

Newburgher likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0