Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dinosaur

Blue and green courtesy lights to be prohibited except on authorized emergency vehicles

11 posts in this topic

LOL

Gotcha!

Happy April 1st.

You son of a.......That was a good one haha. I wish I thought of that :P

They should be.

Look at other states where vollies have red lights and sirens to get to the fire house. I think that's more dangerous than what NYS has. Imagine 15-20 POVs running RLS to the fire house, just to have the rigs leave the garage RLS.....it's a crazy sight!

I have to admit when i first got my blue light it gave me a false sense of power or authority but as i got older i realized that its nothing more than courtisity today i hardly ever use it going to a fire call , its used to get though a fire line or police line to let them know who you are not so you can run red lights all that does is get you and others hurt. If the fire is that big it will be there when you get there look at warwick 7 alarms later and a day later its still there . I do find myself using the blue light to let others who maybe responding to calls behind me that i am one of you so please donot pass me if you really think you can get there before I will let you pass but you will have to wait for me anyway either I am driving or filling out the crew . what did you gain by passing by me and I see guys with all these lights in the grill on the sunvisor even a light bar sometimes responding from 2 towns away why ??? again if its that big it will be there when you get there !!!!!!!!!.

Edited by spike2231
JTF429, dwcfireman and Officer Ed like this

Bah! That's the 2nd time I was chumped on April 1 this year! :lol:

Better off not using it, can get places faster. People see the light and slow down, stop, etc....

They do everything BUT move out of the way or give you courtesy

Wow, how is it that an April fools joke (and a good one at that) can lead to more replies than a serious thread?

Dinosaur likes this