STAT213

White Plains FD

13 posts in this topic

Anyone know what daily staffing in WP is, and how many members per piece/company?

EMS units too.

Thanks! All out of curiousity.

x635 likes this

I'm going by when I worked ems there close to 8 years ago. A1 was als 24hrs, A2 was bls 24hrs and A3 was bls 9-9 with an als fly car 24hrs. I believe FD had engines 66,67,68,69,70 and 71. Ladders 32 and 34 along with Tower Ladder 6 and rescue 88. I believe 3 guys on a rig

z28skunk likes this

Letsgo1547 is correct with the expection that 68 & 69 are spares the active Engines are 65,66,67,70,71 Ladder 32 & 34 as 34 is staffed certain times of the day and all weekend, Tower Ladder 6 & Rescue 88. They have been managing to get 4 guys in some of the trucks now.

WPFD currently runs with 8 companies - (5) Engines Companies - 65,66,67,70,71. (2) Truck Companies - 32 is a Stick and Tower Ladder 6. (1) Rescue Company 88. Ladder 34 (the 9th Company) is BROWNED out due to budget cuts. WPFD went from 170 men to 150 men when the economy went south. L34 is staffed when the manpower allows. WPFD rides with 3 men per company, when manpower allows they put a 4th man L32, TL6, and R88.

Current staffing is: 8 Companies x 3 per Co.= 24 men + Car 2512 (which is the Deputy Chief and the Aide) 2 men= 26 men per tour. (If/when L34 is in service that would add 3 men to the total, it would be 29)

I LOVE HOW ALL THE EXPERTS CAN COMMENT ON THINGS THEY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT!!!!

Edited by tglass59
EMTbravo likes this

L34 is staffed when the manpower allows. WPFD rides with 3 men per company, when manpower allows they put a 4th man L32, TL6, and R88.

What do you mean "when manpower allows?" Is there a different level of staffing from day to day? Or are there overlapping shifts? It doesn't make sense that a piece of apparatus is available only "at times" and other rigs are getting an extra person "at times."

WPFD currently runs with 8 companies - (5) Engines Companies - 65,66,67,70,71. (2) Truck Companies - 32 is a Stick and Tower Ladder 6. (1) Rescue Company 88. Ladder 34 (the 9th Company) is BROWNED out due to budget cuts. WPFD went from 170 men to 150 men when the economy went south. L34 is staffed when the manpower allows. WPFD rides with 3 men per company, when manpower allows they put a 4th man L32, TL6, and R88.

Current staffing is: 8 Companies x 3 per Co.= 24 men + Car 2512 (which is the Deputy Chief and the Aide) 2 men= 26 men per tour. (If/when L34 is in service that would add 3 men to the total, it would be 29)

I LOVE HOW ALL THE EXPERTS CAN COMMENT ON THINGS THEY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT!!!!

They might not be experts, but the details they posted pretty much mirror the ones that you offered, so, not sure where all your outrage emanates from.

AFS1970 likes this

Yeah so tglass59 please explain what your talking about

maybe tglass59 is a little incensed that there is no o/t to cover the loss of manpower

tglass59 likes this

What do you mean "when manpower allows?" Is there a different level of staffing from day to day? Or are there overlapping shifts? It doesn't make sense that a piece of apparatus is available only "at times" and other rigs are getting an extra person "at timesWPFD

WPFD does not overlap tours (cops work shifts, FF's work tours LOL) Like stated in earlier posts, "minimum" staffing is 26 men per tour, in the event there is 27 or 28 men working,they will put a 4th man on the Trucks or Rescue - DC's call. If manpower is 29, then L34 will be put in service. Manpower changes all the time depending on vacations, comp time, sick leave, line of duty injury, or personal time.

WP has 3 ambulances in the city, 1 ALS and 2 BLS. When needed,Mutual Aide is called into the city

New Rochelle does the same thing. if they have more man on duty that day they put rescue 4 in service.

Edited by stixx