x635

EMTBravo.com Turns 13 Years Old!

13 posts in this topic

This morning, at 0001hrs, EMTBravo turned 13 years old! Maybe it's just me that's excited over something so trivial, but to me, it means something

Seems like it was just yesterday when I sat dow at my computer, enjoying the relatively new, long awaited broadband connection, at my apartment in Woburn,MA, on New Year's Eve, when on a whim, I decided to create a website to replace my Westchester Fire & EMS email list. So, the very simple website went live at 0001 on New Years Day, and, like a snowball down a hill, kept growing each and every week that went by. Photos and information poured in to post on the original site. There had never been a site like this in the Hudson Valley and Southwestern CT, and was launched before anyone had really every heard about Facebook or the term "Social Media". You could tell imediately that this was something that people had wanted since learning the word "Internet". Heck, some people only ventured on the internet for EMTBravo, and that's the only use they had for the internet.. Seven months later, the EMTBravo Network forums (the site you're reading this one) was launched to replace the "News" section of the original site and become an interactive and dynamic way to exchange information and ideas . EMTBravo has grown tremendously since then. I'm proud we our are own website, with our own software, on our own server, all completely customized for EMTBravo by me.

It's still our vision, and it's been proven over the years, that firefighters, police officers, EMS workers, 911 Dispatchers, and everyone else with an interest in emergency services can work together, can become friends, can develop ideas, can learn from one another, and can make anything happen. Of course, it was our first mission to "get the word out" which is still true to this day.

One of the things that I am proud of, is that members of the site when it was first launched are still active members to this day! The loyalty and support of this site by the all of our members has been awesome, and has made the site what it is.

Personally, one of the things I'm most grateful for during the entire 13 years of this site was all the great friendships that I have made along the way, that I probaly wouldn't have ever met had it not been for this site.

In the next couple of days, we will announce our strategic plan for 2016, which will bring some exciting new things for our membership.

Warmest regards,

Seth Granville

Founder and Administrator, EMTBravo

congratulations-- a lot has happened over the years--both good and bad-- but a whole lot of learning and understanding too. keep up the good work

x635 and Westfield12 like this

Happy Birthday and thanks. I've always liked the saying I heard somewhere: "We don't train until we get it right, we train until we can't get it wrong". Stay safe out there.

x635 likes this

Congrats Seth, it's been a long hard road. Thanks for sticking with it.

x635 likes this

Happy 13th Year EMTBravo!

Thanks for all that you do Seth :D

x635 likes this

Thank you guys for your kind words, it is much appreciated. The reason why the site is still here is because I enjoy providing it, and I know that there is many who enjoy visiting it. It has been a feat of perseverance at times, as mentioned above, and I'm glad that's recognized and have stuck with it because it all has been worth it. I hope to continue making the site even better in 2016.