x635

Ex-FDNY Fireboat to become part of a firefighting themed restaurant in Sleepy Hollow

18 posts in this topic

(UPDATED: SEE MY POST A FEW POSTS BELOW FOR UPDATED INFORMATION REGARDING THE WINNER OF THIS AUCTION AND HIS  EXCITING PLANS FOR IT AND THE WESTCHESTER CONNECTION)

The city is auctioning off a 62-year-old fireboat, and this hot item could be yours for as little as $510. The 129-foot boat is docked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and went up for sale on Wednesday. It includes all sorts of nifty features such as hose spools and water cannons—though the hose has been removed and it's not clear if the cannons work—and plenty of space to stretch out.

The spokeswoman said that if there are no bids, the city will likely scrap the boat.

http://gothamist.com/2016/02/20/buy_this_fireboat.php

Auction #1524690 - Boat, Fire, John Mathis 129', QTY:1

Current Price $6,900.00
Time Left 2 days 1 hour
High Bidder
taylor402
# of Bids 36 
First Offer $1.00
Auction Started Feb 17, 2016 10:45:42 AM MST
Auction Ends Mar 10, 2016 5:00:00 PM MST
Note: This auction might extend

Its a bargin at $6900.00!!!!!!
vodoly and x635 like this

Which Marine unit was this?

Auction #1524690 - Boat, Fire, John Mathis 129', QTY:1

Current Price $9,101.00
Time Left 1 day 7 hours
High Bidder
reggie143
# of Bids 40 
First Offer $1.00
Auction Ends Mar 10, 2016 5:00:00 PM MST
Note: This auction might extend Help window
spacer
Seller

New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services

Still a huge steal!!!!!

Now at $20,100.00. Really, really hoping it goes to a good home.

Final Price $57,400.00
Time Left Closed  
High Bidder
taylor402
# of Bids 158 
First Offer $1.00
Auction Ended Mar 10, 2016 5:24:23 PM MST
spacer
Seller New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services
Terms and Cond. [View Terms and Conditions]
Pick-up Location
FDNY Brooklyn Navy Yard Marine Section    [Map It]
292 Brooklyn Navy Yard
Brooklyn, NY  11205
Auction Contact Please login to view contact
Payment Visa, MasterCard, Discover 
Shipping

Buyer must pickup item(s)

FINAL PRICE - Somebody Scored.......

x635 likes this

12 hours ago, GreatPlains588 said:

FINAL PRICE - Somebody Scored.......

Final Price $57,400.00

The winner of this auction is a well-known restaurateur and seafood wholesaler who has a history of working on fishing boats. He has successful ventures in NYC and Westchester. The boat will be docked in Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow. If everything goes right, it will become a fire boat/firefighting themed restaurant.

I was worried about who the winner would be and the fate of the boat, and this is an surprise awesome outcome with a Westchester connection!

(CREDIT: EMTBravo sources)

B and vodoly like this

Where Exactly In Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow Will It Be Docked

4 minutes ago, Lad4ever343 said:

Where Exactly In Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow Will It Be Docked

Riverwalk development. I know the border runs close to there, so not sure which village exactly.

Sounds like a great idea might have to pay a visit

x635 likes this

Glad to hear this is where it might end up.  My 9-year-old son said I should buy it (LOL) so he'll be happy to hear it may be docked close by and he can visit it if this actually comes to fruition.  Whenever the John J. Harvey comes around it's a great way to spend some time and revisit some of the history of the FDNY locally.

x635 likes this

My father was a LT in the FDNY and worked on this boat for years. He loved his time working with guys at marine 1. He passed away from illness he got while working at the trade center site. I think he would be happy about the fate of this boat! 

Mr Wanamaker- worked with your Dad in Engine 92 in the Bronx- always a smile on his face, happy guy the whole tour (especially when we caught a "job"). One of the best firefighters I worked with. He headed to the "boats" after the bunker gear came in, and the EMS runs had us running around constantly. He just hated putting on/taking off 15-20 times per tour. He was a true role model for the younger guys who were studying to be a boss- they all knew they wanted to be a fire office like Harry-take care of your people;don't ask them to do anything you wouldn't/couldn't do; and always "do the right thing".  

x635, nydude2473 and B like this

Mr Wanamaker- worked with your Dad in Engine 92 in the Bronx- always a smile on his face, happy guy the whole tour (especially when we caught a "job"). One of the best firefighters I worked with. He headed to the "boats" after the bunker gear came in, and the EMS runs had us running around constantly. He just hated putting on/taking off 15-20 times per tour. He was a true role model for the younger guys who were studying to be a boss- they all knew they wanted to be a fire office like Harry-take care of your people;don't ask them to do anything you wouldn't/couldn't do; and always "do the right thing".  

Thank for saying that! He loved what he did and the people he worked with. I remember all the stories from everywhere he worked. He loved 92 engine!! 

x635 likes this