x635

Transcare Ceases ALL Operations

88 posts in this topic

The Bureau of EMS was notified late Friday afternoon that the Trustee handling the TransCare EMS bankruptcy  ordered Transcare Hudson Valley to cease operations and to pull their units from service in Putnam.  The Bureau was immediately authorized by County Executive MaryEllen Odell to Implement its contingency plan. This evening we are transitioning the County ALS FlyCar system from TransCare to EMSTAR. Fortunately most of the TransCare staff have accepted positions with EMSTAR.  Due to the last minute notice we were only able to initially activate 3 EMSTAR Flycars to replace the four TransCare Units. We are hopeful we can have the fourth ALS Unit and a BLS Unit in service at some point this weekend or early next week. This has been a trying time for the TransCare staff and Bureau staff as well. We will do everything in our power to maintain an ALS system that continues to assure the health and safety of all our residents. Please be patient with us as we move forward with our new ALS provider. Thank you.  Commissioner Sutton

EMT348, LFD34, Westfield12 and 2 others like this

On 2/24/2016 at 4:23 PM, paratrooper75 said:

Way to just put up an idiot post and start all kinds of rumors! This is why I'm never on this stupid site anymore but I got an email and felt obligated to reply to this bs. Get the facts before posting something like this. All you are doing is starting a massive rumor and getting people worked up for no reason. TC Hudson Valley is separate from TC Westchester, NYC, etc. Putnam will not be losing their service and the HV division as well as Pittsburg will not be ceasing operations.  Also, I will not be replying or coming back on so.. aha, got ya last.

Ummm.  Hmmmm.

EMT348, x635, boca1day and 4 others like this

8 hours ago, trauma74 said:

The Bureau of EMS was notified late Friday afternoon that the Trustee handling the TransCare EMS bankruptcy  ordered Transcare Hudson Valley to cease operations and to pull their units from service in Putnam.  The Bureau was immediately authorized by County Executive MaryEllen Odell to Implement its contingency plan. This evening we are transitioning the County ALS FlyCar system from TransCare to EMSTAR. Fortunately most of the TransCare staff have accepted positions with EMSTAR.  Due to the last minute notice we were only able to initially activate 3 EMSTAR Flycars to replace the four TransCare Units. We are hopeful we can have the fourth ALS Unit and a BLS Unit in service at some point this weekend or early next week. This has been a trying time for the TransCare staff and Bureau staff as well. We will do everything in our power to maintain an ALS system that continues to assure the health and safety of all our residents. Please be patient with us as we move forward with our new ALS provider. Thank you.  Commissioner Sutton

New Rochelle canceled the contract over a month ago.  You mean nobody in NYS DOH BEMS or Putnam County thought to start developing a contingency plan for this?  Just in case?

That sounds like poor planning if you ask me.  Considering the state comes up with plans for bird flu, Ebola, earthquakes, tsunami, and all kinds of other doom and gloom scenarios, the writing has been on the wall for this for some time.

"Trying time for the Bureau staff"  Are you kidding me?  This is their JOB!!!  Considering how much meddling NYS does in the affairs of local governments and businesses, I'm surprised that BEMS wasns't monitoring this more closely.

sueg likes this

On 2/24/2016 at 3:57 PM, masterofmetal85 said:

EMStar thinks theyre taking over the putnam contract with their whopping 5 ambulances that are always out of service lol

Hmmmm thoughts turn into actions very quickly 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, paratrooper75 said:

Way to just put up an idiot post and start all kinds of rumors! This is why I'm never on this stupid site anymore but I got an email and felt obligated to reply to this bs. Get the facts before posting something like this. All you are doing is starting a massive rumor and getting people worked up for no reason. TC Hudson Valley is separate from TC Westchester, NYC, etc. Putnam will not be losing their service and the HV division as well as Pittsburg will not be ceasing operations.  Also, I will not be replying or coming back on so.. aha, got ya last.

If I may add, "a PERFECT EXAMPLE of SPEAKING before you are THINKING". Yes "paratrooper75" as you say above; "Get the facts before posting.....". Thank you for that very good piece of advice.

"Bye Bye paratrooper75".

EdAngiolillo and INIT915 like this

On 2/26/2016 at 0:59 PM, GreatPlains588 said:

The article you linked doesn't say anything about firefighters in pick ups.  It specifically mentions putting spare ambulances in service using overtime.

The CFR-D statement sounds like the reporter may not be understanding something correctly.

Edited by FireMedic049
Brian12601 likes this

Transcare in Pittsburgh apparently missed payroll this week and appears to also be ceasing operations.

3 hours ago, FireMedic049 said:

The article you linked doesn't say anything about firefighters in pick ups.  It specifically mentions putting spare ambulances in service using overtime.

The CFR-D statement sounds like the reporter may be understanding something correctly.

At least initially the 2nd pieces of SOC Support Trucks were staffed and responding to EMS runs in the Bronx due to the number of Ambulance tours lost.  While to does not solve the transport problem it does prevent suppression apparatus from being tied up on the scene waiting for an ambulance.  Unfortunately there were only 4 of those units in the Bronx so they were not able to make a big difference.  

Does anyone know if the White Plains Transcare units are sitting behind the Fire Station on Ferrris Ave? Didn't see them at the Mount Vernon base.

Also, where did 37-M-1/37-M-2 shift change out of when it was operated by Transcare?

Westfield12 likes this

This article I found from NY Business Journal dated 2/25/16 is probably the most comprehensive  one that explains what exactly had been going on at Transcare. Appears as well this wasn't 

Transcare's first but second round in Bankruptcy.  http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2016/02/25/private-ambulance-service-founded-by-wonder-woman.html. Again this  is from Thursday.

Things can and do change over night, and that is just what the case is and was. There was once again an article in the Poughkeepsie Journal updating the situation. Apparently the mention on

Thursday of being renamed "Transcendence Transit" was left out of the @Pojonews article on Friday. The announcement Friday was Transcare ordered to cease all operations immediately. 

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/2016/02/26/county-transcare-ends-operations-ambulance-service-unaffected/81013318/

Here is the ambulance service contingency plan for all of Dutchess County NY

The following communities had been served by TransCare, but now will be covered through the contingency plan:

• City of Beacon — Beacon Volunteer Ambulance Corp and Mobile Life Support Services 
  • Town of Pawling — EMStar Ambulance
  • Town of Beekman — Beekman Rescue Squad and EMStar Ambulance
  • Town of Wappinger — Mobile Life Support Services
  • Union Vale Fire District — Union Vale Rescue Squad and Northern Dutchess Paramedics
  • Village of Millbrook — Millbrook Rescue Squad and Northern Dutchess Paramedics
  • Town of Washington — Millbrook Rescue Squad and Northern Dutchess Paramedics

•  
x635 likes this

I believe shift change when transcare was 37 M1 & 37 m2 was either out of mount pleasant town hall or Valhalla VAC HQ, I am not sure which one. 

x635 and Westfield12 like this

On February 25, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Fdnyresclt said:

Will be very interesting to see how they can do this they don't even have a dozen ambulances. Plus I am not 100 sure the guy who bought from Hudson valley paramedic who then end up selling it or moving into Emstar because of insurance billing issue !!

This company is so in over their heads it's pathetic. wait and see when an ambulance or flycar breaks down on the way to a 911 call. Not to mention the quality of providers that will end up killing a patient or two.Only a matter of time.

Brian12601 likes this

On 2/25/2016 at 7:19 PM, Gomer said:

How long until Northwell (formerly North Shore-LIJ) EMS and NY Pres EMS move into the picture now that they own hospitals in Westchester and already have their own large existing EMS sytems?

An old friend and former NS-LIJ medic indicated to me that may already be in the works.

As I understand the situation, confirmed by EX-PGH and EX-TCNY employees. TC dissolved as a corporate entity under Chapter 7 bankruptcy and incorporated as Transcendent Transit I & II.  These corporations, in turn, ceased operations on Friday, 2/26/16, less than 36 hours after being formed.

That said, to the best of my knowledge (again, for transparency, I was the ALS Coordinator/QA & Safety Manager for TCML/Philadelphia), ALL TC assets have ceased to operate.  There are no functioning TC/TT divisions in NY, PA or MD.  

If I'm wrong, please comment with corrections.  Additionally, please (PLEASE!!) give all the ex-TC employees all the support you can!

x635, Brian12601, SOUSGT and 2 others like this

@EdAngiolillo that one photo I took above of the Transcare ambulance, the Type III that displayed "Transcare New York" on the side, it appears that it also has a Pennsylvania Certification sticker on the side (large round red circle). Did Transcare New York get this ambulance from the PA divisions, or could this ambulance operate in both jurisdictions?

1 hour ago, x635 said:

@EdAngiolillo that one photo I took above of the Transcare ambulance, the Type III that displayed "Transcare New York" on the side, it appears that it also has a Pennsylvania Certification sticker on the side (large round red circle). Did Transcare New York get this ambulance from the PA divisions, or could this ambulance operate in both jurisdictions?

At this point, does it matter?

2 hours ago, x635 said:

Well, first, the big red sticker is from NJ OEMS, not Pennsylvania.  That said, when Conshohocken (the Philly Division HQ) closed last August, all of our fleet went to Pittsburgh.  However, it does look like a typical POS hand-me-down that we frequently received instead of new trucks.

x635 likes this

3 hours ago, x635 said:

That looks like a NJ seal.

x635 and EdAngiolillo like this

No one should be out of a job. Simple math is that the number of calls has not gone down, just the number of companies  answering those calls has gone down; by ONE.

The staff will  need to shift to other providers that are expanding into the Transcare void. Sadly though, many will lose  vacation pay, salary, seniority, schedule and partners. ALL of which is very sad. A forced job change is always traumatic.

Company names no longer in the picture:

Abbey-Richmond, A1, AA, Approved, Ambassador, Empire, Care 1, Park, Admiral, Metropolitan, Metro-North. Hudson Valley, Transcare, National... any others? Still lots of open jobs and hiring despite all those companies going away.

EMT348, Bnechis, boca1day and 4 others like this

On 2/27/2016 at 2:01 PM, x635 said:

Does anyone know if the White Plains Transcare units are sitting behind the Fire Station on Ferrris Ave? Didn't see them at the Mount Vernon base.

Also, where did 37-M-1/37-M-2 shift change out of when it was operated by Transcare?

37 Medic One was the 24/7 Medic Fly-Car that came out of Mount Pleasant Police Department during each shift change. Medic one was typically posted at Valhalla Ambulance Corps for there tours.

37 Medic Two was only a 12 hour Fly-Car from (0700-1900) That came out of Transcare White Plains the Fly-Car would be picked up and dropped off at the White Plains Fire House on Ferris Avenue. 

x635 likes this

EMStar has a CON for hudson valley region. 

EMStar is in Putnum/dutchess Now running fly cars and ambulances

EMStar is also covering other areas when transcare left as a result.  fishkill ny, brewster, pawling,beekman

EMStar has more than 5 ambulances, theres some new ones as well as the left overs ambulances from transcare. they could aquire.

List of Transcare's creditors:

tccreditors.pdf

Some very interesting creditors on there. And are those names of employees they owe as well?

EdAngiolillo likes this

4 hours ago, x635 said:

List of Transcare's creditors:

tccreditors.pdf

Some very interesting creditors on there. And are those names of employees they owe as well?

I personally recognize a half-dozen names and I only looked at the first few pages.

x635 likes this

On February 28, 2016 at 10:23 PM, masterofmetal85 said:

This company is so in over their heads it's pathetic. wait and see when an ambulance or flycar breaks down on the way to a 911 call. Not to mention the quality of providers that will end up killing a patient or two.Only a matter of time.

You seem bitter. 

nydude2473 likes this