x635

How To Help Transcare Employees?

3 posts in this topic

With the news that Transcare is now ceasing ALL Hudson Valley operations (READ MORE HERE), I'm sitting here, racking my brain, about how to help Transcare employees feed their families. Obviously, they've lost their jobs, and I hope they'll get picked up by other companies, but, in the meantime, many haven't been paid for the past couple of weeks. In addition, all are losing seniority and the pay grades that come with it, as well as health benefits in the interim.

I'd like to help in any way, but for something where the effect is so massive, where do you start to help? Food, healthcare, the basics? These are immediate needs. In the long term, hopefully Lynn Tilton is prosecuted for this, and a civil suit earns Transcare employees are awarded at least something, but that would be several years away.

Anyone with any ideas about where help can be made to, resources that can be used, or any help with publicity with how to help, please contribute them to this thread and/or email me at seth@emtbravo.com ....I'd like to use the power of this site and any connections I may have to at least help something get started.

I don't have an answer for that, but I would like to say, for possible employment  with other ambulance companies there may be some opportunities through these companies in Connecticut.

1) AMR - I believe that this company has offices in the Bridgeport, Hartford and the New Haven area. They do both the routine transports, as well as the emergency transports within those cities, including places like Fairfield, West Haven, Milford, East Haven, East Hartford etc. All of which are fairly busy areas. Both BLS and ALS.

2) Hunters Ambulance - Located in the Meriden, Ct area.  I believe they do all of the routine and emergency transports for the cities of Meriden and Middletown. Both BLS and ALS.

3) American Ambulance - Located in Norwich, Ct (about 120 miles east of NYC). They do the routine and emergency transport for Norwich, Ct as well as paramedic intercept for many other surrounding towns.

Something else to think about in general, whether a Transcare employee or not. I learned to always have at least THREE MONTHS take home pay in a savings account and not be in credit card debt. I realize this is much tougher today, but it can and should be done. If you have a habit of eating out a lot, that could be eating up a lot of your money too.

This time of year some people will be receiving income tax money back. It is the perfect time to start that savings plan. Don't waste it but start to save it.

For the Transcare employees who have lost their jobs, there are food banks that may help. Unemployment may also help. Let us know how we can help.

x635 likes this

This article I found from NY Business Journal dated 2/25/16 is probably the most comprehensive  one that explains what exactly had been going on at Transcare. Appears as well this wasn't 

Transcare's first but second round in Bankruptcy.  http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2016/02/25/private-ambulance-service-founded-by-wonder-woman.html. Again this  is from Thursday.

Things can and do change over night, and that is just what the case is and was. There was once again an article in the Poughkeepsie Journal updating the situation. Apparently the mention on

Thursday of being renamed "Transcendence Transit" was left out of the @Pojonews article on Friday. The announcement Friday was Transcare ordered to cease all operations immediately. 

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/2016/02/26/county-transcare-ends-operations-ambulance-service-unaffected/81013318/

Here is the ambulance service contingency plan for all of Dutchess County NY

The following communities had been served by TransCare, but now will be covered through the contingency plan:

• City of Beacon — Beacon Volunteer Ambulance Corp and Mobile Life Support Services 
  • Town of Pawling — EMStar Ambulance
  • Town of Beekman — Beekman Rescue Squad and EMStar Ambulance
  • Town of Wappinger — Mobile Life Support Services
  • Union Vale Fire District — Union Vale Rescue Squad and Northern Dutchess Paramedics
  • Village of Millbrook — Millbrook Rescue Squad and Northern Dutchess Paramedics
  • Town of Washington — Millbrook Rescue Squad and Northern Dutchess Paramedics