x635

The Passing Of "Officer Ed"

2 posts in this topic

Today, I had to move a member to the "Answered Final Alarm" group. I found out a friend, member of this forum, and EMTBravo advertiser/sponsor Ed Simione, AKA "Officer Ed", passed away after a long and difficult battle with cancer. Although I've never met Ed in person, we've maintained a friendship online and corresponded. We have had some common ground.

Ed was a retired Police Officer in Arizona, and also a volunteer firefighter. He worked as an officer in Narcotics Interdiction, and as a Narcotics Detective in the Phoenix area. In his retirement after an on the job injury, he operated an emergency lighting business, Dash Flash, which his mission was to provide emergency lighting to those who have to buy their own equipment at an affordable price . He has been an advertiser/sponsor of this site for several years, and has given EMTBravo members significant discounts on his products.  He was an advertiser on this site. Since there are so many fly by night LED light companies, He sent me some to demo so I could vet him. His products were solid. I gave the demos to friends who could use them, and they are holding up nicely in busy enviroments. I've spoken with his daughter, and her and his wife intend to keep the business going. He was also  an active member on this forum, logging in almost every day.

RIP, Ed. I'll continue my mission to help raise cancer awareness. Feel bad I didn't write you sooner. Thank you for all you've done for this forum. Condolences to Cheryl, his wife. Thoughts and prayers.

This was his last post, responding to a post I made about this site:

Thank you, Seth my friend, for posting this. I knew that you had faced adversity in your life, but I didn't know the depth of it. Like you, I also lost the career I loved due to an injury. In my case, it was as a police officer and the injury was incurred in the line-of-duty. I then started an online business selling emergency vehicle equipment.

Regardless, EMTBravo is a great site and an asset to firefighters (I was once a "volly", as they're called on the site). I still enjoy reading the posts and the comments.

Take care.

Ed

AFS1970, mamaro40, TimesUp and 2 others like this