Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Say Goodbye To The Little Spot In North White Plains

8 posts in this topic

The landmark roadside eatery on Route 22, famous for its chili dogs, has been here for more than 60 years and, along with the North White Plains firehouse may be the most identifiable place in a hamlet that has long struggled to maintain its own identity.

Unless someone wants to put up the money, say goodbye to The Little Spot in North White Plains (the roadside burger joint). They are foreclosing on the property, they haven't paid property taxes since 2009 and owe over $400,000 in back taxes.

Before the new owners, and several years ago, that place used to be awesome and always hopping. I remember when they were only open in the Summer too.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/north-castle/2016/03/24/little-spot-faces-foreclosure/82216342/

Personally, I hope who ever ends up with the property knocks it down (hold the boo's and comments...I'm going somewhere with this!).  When the car went through the side of it a few months back, I noticed the structure is very flimsy and not built well.  I would never send anyone inside if it was well involved, nor if there was a vehicle sitting in the kitchen.

HOWEVER, it would be nice if someone (even if it's the current owners) could turn it around, with a NEW building, and keep the Little Spot tradition in North White alive.

EmsFirePolice, Westfield12 and gw27 like this

Personally, I hope who ever ends up with the property knocks it down (hold the boo's and comments...I'm going somewhere with this!).  When the car went through the side of it a few months back, I noticed the structure is very flimsy and not built well.  I would never send anyone inside if it was well involved, nor if there was a vehicle sitting in the kitchen.

I like the building (except for the recent renovations and unfinished siding). Mostly the style it had in the late 80's to early 90's.  It has character, which can't be replaced with a new structure. The building's held up for over 60 years, so it can't be that flimsy.

dwcfireman and Westfield12 like this

Ever since Joe Macellaro Sr. retired and then unfortunately passed away the Little Spot has been on a steady decline.  Joe Jr. has been involved with many business ventures over the years all ending in failure. 

x635 likes this

It's a shame when landmarks have to close. They are always the few places that you only have to mention the name and people know exactly where you are talking about. We all grew up with places that our fore fathers went to. It almost became a rite of passage to take your kids there. And they will continue the tradition. Sort of passing the torch to the next generation, now another torch may be extinguished.  Well at least we have Walters! 

dwcfireman and x635 like this

Ever since Joe Macellaro Sr. retired and then unfortunately passed away the Little Spot has been on a steady decline.  Joe Jr. has been involved with many business ventures over the years all ending in failure. 

Yes he has. Hence the old Hazmat truck thats parked there

EmsFirePolice likes this

I have many memories of the "Spot" especially beer and french fries every Thursday when I used to work for a contractor I hope the place can be salvaged it would be a shame to see another small business go under