nfd2004

How do we Thank You

5 posts in this topic

For all those Cop Haters out there, "so what do you think about this one" ?

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/113167630-story 

Also, I would just like to add, "I'm not a cop and never was". I have no relatives involved in working law enforcement. I'm just glad they are out there protecting me from the "low-life skells" that roam our unsafe streets every day and night.

Edited by nfd2004

Thank you NFD for posting this and as the proud father of a New York City Police Officer who works in the projects where there is no shortage of drugs and guns as well as hateful, devious people who hate cops and people who have no regard for the law and won't think twice about hurting or killing a cop.

nfd2004 likes this

3 hours ago, ex-commish said:

Thank you NFD for posting this and as the proud father of a New York City Police Officer who works in the projects where there is no shortage of drugs and guns as well as hateful, devious people who hate cops and people who have no regard for the law and won't think twice about hurting or killing a cop.

"ex-commish", I respect you as well for being the parent of a son who is a police officer. I don't know how any mother or father, or husband or wife of a police officer can sleep at night. "I couldn't do your job either". I would worry all the time. I have a neighbor down the street who also has a son working as a NYC Police Officer in the projects of the Bronx. I've told him just as I have told you. It doesn't have to be one of our largest crime ridden cities either. It could very well be on some lonely dark road in the middle of nowhere.

We really never consider the families of these police officers and how they must deal with the person they love going to work in one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. I have the highest respect for both you and your son and I am not ashamed to say that at all. I feel the same way about families of firefighters and our military.

When a police officer makes a mistake, we hear about it on every TV channel out there. But we don't hear about the risk they take or the conditions they must deal with every single day or night. We just write it off as "it's just their job".  Personally from what I've seen out there, "I think they're pretty good at doing their job".

ex-commish likes this