FF402

Scott Safety to unveil the first in-mask thermal intelligence system

19 posts in this topic

Firefighters have used hand-held thermal imaging cameras since the 1990s to see through the thick smoke often encountered during fires.  Advancements in thermal imaging technology have now reduced the size of the components and enabled new applications. Scott Sight's revolutionary design integrates a lightweight camera and display in the firefighter's mask, keeping the thermal image in view at all times. 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tycos-scott-safety-to-unveil-the-first-in-mask-thermal-intelligence-system-for-the-firefighting-industry-at-fdic-international-show-300252794.html

scottsight.jpg

x635 and spike2231 like this

1 hour ago, CaptainCharisma said:

Can this be retrofitted onto an existing AV3000HT mask?

I'd think the cost of the mask will be a non-issue compared to the rest of the system? 

x635 likes this

57 minutes ago, GreatPlains588 said:

Rumors say $2500.00 per unit.

While that's not cheap as far as outfitting every pack, it's fairly cheap in the TIC market, half the price of the last 3 we bought.

x635 likes this

I wonder how it attaches to the mask.    With everyone getting fit tested/sized, this needs to snap in QUICKLY without tools while your in the apparatus, because very few depts. out there will be buying them for every mask.

x635 and AFS1970 like this

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 5:06 PM, 38ff said:

I wonder how it attaches to the mask.    With everyone getting fit tested/sized, this needs to snap in QUICKLY without tools while your in the apparatus, because very few depts. out there will be buying them for every mask.

It is 2 pieces.....The Camera on the out side of the face piece is screwed on the the frame and voice amp mount.  The interior viewer is mounted in front of the nose cup.

Runs a couple op hours on triple AAA batteries.  Connects via bluetooh technology.

This is proof of concept technology platform.  It has its place in the fire service.

9 hours ago, GreatPlains588 said:

This is proof of concept technology platform.  It has its place in the fire service.

So then my Scott dealer won't have it for a while? Want to hit him up for a demo as I'm imagining a lot of people will. 

I hear AAA Emergency Supply Co Inc will have a demo available starting next week. I'd contact your local sales rep to inquire.

14 hours ago, EMSLt said:

So then my Scott dealer won't have it for a while? Want to hit him up for a demo as I'm imagining a lot of people will.

The price actually less..........$1800.00 with new Mask

$1500.00 if you dont need mask

Scott sales people will have demos now.

Wont replace hand helds but a really nice first step.

x635 likes this

AAA will have mask next week.  I tried it out here  very interesting-- not quiet a heads up display  but a little TV like monitor.

x635 likes this

Supposedly, the new  MSA is also available with a TIC that is should gauge mounted with in mask display? Anyone out at FDIC?

3 hours ago, antiquefirelt said:

Supposedly, the new  MSA is also available with a TIC that is should gauge mounted with in mask display? Anyone out at FDIC?

MSA wishes. The gauge mounted technology they showcased was basically a pedometer and they claimed that it was going to that base for a lot of other technologies..in the future. It's basically the same as looking down at a TIC so I don't see the point. When they told me the gauge was kept dry by a silica pack that you have to change every month and I couldn't bang the demo against the display I laughed and walked away.

antiquefirelt and x635 like this

Here's a link to the MSA page, at this glance I'd also be pretty skeptical of its true function, but it's likely either Scott or MSA are making steps in the right direction to ensure this technology is more readily available to all users.

http://msafire.com/breathe/?gclid=CjwKEAjwuuy4BRCvs43g9fX9mz4SJACiYydP4UztTl40gWvYrUFQO9b5_2UnRgVqyuPv_QJmgOaOBhoC5GLw_wcB

53 minutes ago, antiquefirelt said:

Here's a link to the MSA page, at this glance I'd also be pretty skeptical of its true function, but it's likely either Scott or MSA are making steps in the right direction to ensure this technology is more readily available to all users.

http://msafire.com/breathe/?gclid=CjwKEAjwuuy4BRCvs43g9fX9mz4SJACiYydP4UztTl40gWvYrUFQO9b5_2UnRgVqyuPv_QJmgOaOBhoC5GLw_wcB

According to MSA it's not available yet. It's also not hands free, or silica free. 

antiquefirelt likes this

Will this technology be partnered with the PAK-TRAK in the future?

MSA has been taking orders for the G1 TIC as of FDIC, however because the unit will need to go through testing they believe end user units will not be shipping until next year.  There are demo ones floating around.  As the TIC / PASS Module is "plug and play" it is about a 5 minute field retro.

23 hours ago, Oaks said:

Will this technology be partnered with the PAK-TRAK in the future?

Yes, this is a proof of concept platform.

This will be used for pak tracker accountabillity, PASS Status, biometrics and more.

x635 likes this