DavidWalker

Hastings-on-Hudson FD

5 posts in this topic

The Hastings-on-Hudson FD traveled to South Dakota last week to inspect their new Spartan apparatus. Chief Jeff Bannon explained that his department chose Spartan because of the many features we are able to offer to fit their specific needs, including a turning radius fit for their tight streets and high pump capabilities.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

13307505_1272067419487994_699955967664272365_n.jpg

x635, vodoly, EmsFirePolice and 1 other like this

Why so slick top? What do you have to get under that's so low?

So I went to their web site and sure enough, not much clearance.  Don't bounce going in or out.  It was also nice to see 'old' stations that appear to have had the TLC to keep them so nice.  It's a shame so many of the down County dept's haven't been able to maintain their buildings.  Of course at some point, the buildings can no longer accommodate the new apparatus and technologies, it's just a shame they are so decrepit by the time they are replaced.

Edited by SECTMB
EmsFirePolice likes this

On 6/16/2016 at 4:44 PM, lalautze said:

Looking at their website - they have a station (Protection Engine Co. #1) with low overhead door clearance.  My guess that the truck is speced to clear the door for that station.

http://www.hastingsonhudsonfd.org/

Correct, there is only i think 100 or 101" of clearance in the door. Also i think HFD is the only dept left where all its members gear is on the apparatus.