rob zombie

Mahopac Falls FD fatal fire.

7 posts in this topic

I'd think you could make a lot of assumptions with no basis? One could imagine the FD had a very limited crew and had to sequentially gain fire control and then search? This is an all too realistic scenario for many of us who arrive with just enough people to conduct one interior tactic and must await others before any further crews enter. Many of us must employ tactics that some do simultaneously, in a carefully selected chronological order. 

He is not referring to the article. If you look at the "comment" section there is an individual who wrote this,

"The joke is the fact that these hobbyist hero volunteers didn't find him as soon as they got there. The story was changed to say after the fire was out he was discovered. Make sure your smoke detectors work constantly! Put one in every room, heck, put two!" 

Who has the audacity to say this crap... Hobbyist volunteers? 

EmsFirePolice and AFS1970 like this

I wouldn't put much value into what an internet troll comments on. With a generic name and profile pic that isn't even of a person, my guess is he's just trying to get people riled up. 

EmsFirePolice likes this

7 hours ago, GBFD111 said:

He is not referring to the article. If you look at the "comment" section there is an individual who wrote this,

"The joke is the fact that these hobbyist hero volunteers didn't find him as soon as they got there. The story was changed to say after the fire was out he was discovered. Make sure your smoke detectors work constantly! Put one in every room, heck, put two!" 

Who has the audacity to say this crap... Hobbyist volunteers? 

Thanks GBFD111.  That's exactly what I was referring to.  I thought the comment was real harsh and was wondering what influenced the comment.  Seemed that maybe a health issue was involved or a lack of working smoke detectors and not something that the FD did or did not do led to this tragedy.  My posting this article and pointing out the comment was to start conversation on the subject and maybe that some extenuating facts left out by the Journal news happened.  Certainly not trying to validate the comment in lohud.  

GBFD111 likes this

Lets all look at the facts that are stated about this fire, Time of day 4am, location of the fire Kitchen?,location of victim bedroom. 

Theory Food on the stove, resident wake to heavy smoke condition, over come by co

I am in no way a supporter of the volunteer fire service, but this was a tragic event that could have happened in any municipality

Im sure the responding agencies did all they could for the fire victim Thanks

EmsFirePolice and AFS1970 like this