NorthEndExpress

Eastchester to Lay Off 18 Firefighters?

13 posts in this topic

Heard a rumor Eastchester may lay off 18 firefighters? Anybody have more information?

I sure hope not I hate to see people lose their jobs

Just now, fdalumnus said:

wishful thinking for some FASNY people

Are you some kind idiot? No one want to see someone lose their job.  If you are going to make stupid statements like that, please keep them to yourself. 

1 hour ago, fdalumnus said:

wishful thinking for some FASNY people

I usually do not respond to comments like this but I have to say it was uncalled for. I can assure you that this FASNY member does not want to see anyone lose jobs. 

Edited by ex-commish

Don't really think this is the right place to spread a rumor about 18 people losing their livelihoods. If you're someone who'd be directly affected by this I'd imagine you'd have a better source than this website. If this post was about my department I sure wouldn't want to hear about it here first. 

I understand the original poster is just looking for info but this isn't the right place. If it's true it'll come out and we'll all hear about it soon enough, if it's false then we're just causing people to worry over nothing. 

2 hours ago, somebuffyguy said:

Don't really think this is the right place to spread a rumor about 18 people losing their livelihoods. If you're someone who'd be directly affected by this I'd imagine you'd have a better source than this website. If this post was about my department I sure wouldn't want to hear about it here first. 

I understand the original poster is just looking for info but this isn't the right place. If it's true it'll come out and we'll all hear about it soon enough, if it's false then we're just causing people to worry over nothing. 

I disagree. I'm sure, in situations like Port Chester, they'd rather see it here first then when they showed up at work with an action that came out of nowhere? I know I'd sure want a heads up no matter how the information came about so action can be taken ASAP.

Lighten up guys, I didn't mean for you to get your panties all twisted. 

I was directing it a particular person and should not have posted it here. 

My apologies, especially to Seth for all the hard work he does.

All of this talk is most likely tied to the most recent Eastchester Board of Fire Commissioners Meeting, to which the Board publicly announced during their July 8th televised meeting, that they are potentially dealing with a situation with the EFD Firefighters Union, that 'could' potentially cause a significant increase in the Fire District Budget, to which some people during this meeting made comments and alluded to the possibility that significant layoffs could occur should a decision not be in favor of the Town's Board of Fire Commissioners. 

Refer to the attached video and determine for yourselves:

20 hours ago, SOUSGT said:

Are you some kind idiot? No one want to see someone lose their job.  If you are going to make stupid statements like that, please keep them to yourself. 

I saw someone here ( or on another sight) in a Stamford thread completely ok with guys getting fire if he got a job out of it. 

It happens, don't act like it doesn't.

7 hours ago, CTFF said:

I saw someone here ( or on another sight) in a Stamford thread completely ok with guys getting fire if he got a job out of it. 

One thing I've noticed about Firefighters. They have Great memories. They just don't seem to forget anything. Especially if it's about the fire service.

As I watched that video, I would have absolutely no patience dealing with local politicians. There are periods in the video where two of the three sitting at that table are doing everything BUT paying attention to the speaker. I guess that's just a normal trait for local king pins.

It sure takes a special kind of person to deal with those kinds of people.

Edited by nfd2004
BFD1054 likes this

8 hours ago, CTFF said:

Lets hope that the BFC and the union can work thing out so no one has to worry about being laid off. In the meantime, I am sure that someone will monitor the situation and report back shoud thing take a turn for the worse.  Until then, let's not speculate as things can get out of control. 

fire patrol nyc and boca1day like this