EMSLt

North Salem VAC To Contract with WEMS For Sat Night Coverage

3 posts in this topic

The NSVAC was asking for a disbursement of about $14,500 from their $75,000 per diem staff budget to contract with Westchester Emergency Medical Services (WEMS) for part-time professional help.

The professionals would be on call from 7 p.m. on Saturdays to 7 p.m. on Sundays, once a week from Nov. 1 - Jan. 1.

"It's just to give our volunteers Saturday night and Sunday to be with their families," Hlushko said. "If we want to save the town $75,000 next year, coming up with some new volunteers would help."

http://northsalem.dailyvoice.com/events/north-salem-ambulance-corps-needs-new-volunteers/685130/

EmsFirePolice likes this

Maybe I'm missing something, but if they're all volunteer why do they have $75,000 budgeted for per diem staff?

its being progressive to cover in the times they can't.  i know some agencies go with a paid ambulance when they have christmas parties and other function becuase of bad timing in schedules with surrounding agencies and what not.   I know somers fire has a been thinking about or putting in a line budget iteam for a paid chief.  if the money is there before you need it your in better shape.  sucks when you need to scrap it together.