x635

New "Live PD" TV Docuseries Follows Officers Live

13 posts in this topic

This will be interesting to see how it works out.

A&E is ripping from the headlines for its latest series.

In light of the string of recent police shootings across the country, the cabler has greenlighted a new docuseries called Live PD, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The project offer viewers an unfettered and unfiltered live access inside the six of the country’s busiest police forces and the communities they patrol. Over the course of the first season, which will run for eight two-hour episodes, a combination of dash cams, handheld and fixed-rig cameras will show the work of both urban and rural police forces around the country on a typical Friday night live.

In-studio host, ABC's Dan Abrams, alongside Dallas Police Department Detectives Rich Emberlin and Kevin Jackson will guide viewers through the night, giving insight to what audiences are seeing in real time, bouncing minute-by-minute between the featured police departments and offering an inside look at each live incident.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/police-reality-show-live-pd-934559

Westfield12 likes this

I could be wrong but this is already a series it's called "COPS".  and plenty of others have been done.   People either support or us or they don't.  No TV show will change opinions.  And even the ones that support cops don't understand and until you work the streets you never will.  

BFD1054, CM36, vodoly and 4 others like this

The agencies they will be following are:

Bridgeport CT police and five other law enforcement officers from Walton County in Florida’s Panhandle; Richland County, South Carolina; Tulsa, Oklahoma; the Arizona Department of Public Safety; and the Utah Highway Patrol will be seen on live cameras.

Westfield12 likes this

So, I watched last night. At first, it was boring and slow, and I was closing my mind to it. However, I stayed with it and it turned out to be pretty good. They were jumping between six departments who were all pretty busy, my only dislike was they didn't stay with each case throughout to see all the factors or conclusion on some of them.

Westfield12 and vodoly like this

How do they deal with the paperwork?  Or is that when they jump. I can't imagine anyone wanting to see hours of report writing 

AFS1970 likes this

It's  actually been pretty good show. Had many diverse and interesting incidents. Episode is on  tonight,  and next week is the season finale.

Westfield12 and vodoly like this

1 hour ago, x635 said:

It's  actually been pretty good show. Had many diverse and interesting incidents. Episode is on  tonight,  and next week is the season finale.

Saw the Bridgeport working fire one last week

Westfield12 likes this

Isn't this the show that featured a female officer from Bridgeport who was outspoken about domestic violence and was arrested two days after filming for domestic violence? 

3 hours ago, provfd said:

Isn't this the show that featured a female officer from Bridgeport who was outspoken about domestic violence and was arrested two days after filming for domestic violence? 

Yup.....................and its not live its about 7-10 days delayed

46 minutes ago, Ladder44 said:

Yup.....................and its not live its about 7-10 days delayed

Based on the radio feeds I monitored on Broadcastify and friends who monitor the scanner in some areas, it's only about a 20-30 minute delay in order for the producers and department staff to review the feed and remove any sensitive info, like the identity of undercover officers, victim privacy issues, or anything that may compromise a case. If you look at the trunks of units they are following, they have special modems that look like white boxes mounted on them that allow for the live feed. SOME footage is filmed during the week preceding the episode for the slow times.

4 hours ago, provfd said:

She was considered an exemplary officer before it. Everybody has their personal life and has nothing to do with the show..

the bridgeport pd chase that ended in a crash happened 18 days prior to airing 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:38 PM, x635 said:

She was considered an exemplary officer before it. Everybody has their personal life and has nothing to do with the show..

Of course she has a personal life and is entitled to do what she likes, but this isn't like she had an unhealthy obsession with cats or something.  An ironic and unfortunate event.