Steve

Looking for feedback on Firehouse Expo Nashville

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone attended the Firehouse Expo 2016  in Nashville .

I am looking for some feedback.

How did it compare to Baltimore and FDIC in Indinapolis? 

Westfield12 likes this

Although I did not go, and hopefully someone reading this did and can provide more info, I asked a few friends who did attend  and I'll summarize the feedback.

Of course, everyone loved the host city. Nashville is a great town. I heard the expo was smaller compared to Baltimore. The majority of attendees were from NY or TN.  There were some interesting training sessions, and the expo floor was really small, with many manufacturers and vendors not attending. 

Since this was the first year, maybe next year will see more growth. They have booked the next 3 years in Nashville. Even though when it was in Baltimore and was dying in the last few years of existence there, it still had more potential attendees close by.  It's more expensive and time consuming to go to Nashville from the Northeast, and most of the people spending the money and time doing that would rather go to FDIC.

Westfield12 likes this

14 hours ago, x635 said:

Although I did not go, and hopefully someone reading this did and can provide more info, I asked a few friends who did attend  and I'll summarize the feedback.

Of course, everyone loved the host city. Nashville is a great town. I heard the expo was smaller compared to Baltimore. The majority of attendees were from NY or TN.  There were some interesting training sessions, and the expo floor was really small, with many manufacturers and vendors not attending. 

Since this was the first year, maybe next year will see more growth. They have booked the next 3 years in Nashville. Even though when it was in Baltimore and was dying in the last few years of existence there, it still had more potential attendees close by.  It's more expensive and time consuming to go to Nashville from the Northeast, and most of the people spending the money and time doing that would rather go to FDIC.

I went basically to see how it was going to be. I would agree with the above statement. Very small exhibit floor and the classes didn't have much attendance. I will give them another chance but they need some big improvements and buy in from the vendors. I personally would rather it go back to Baltimore/DC area. It is about 100 miles further for me but a much better drive or a 1/3 of the air fare. Plus the hotels were cheaper in Baltimore.

x635 likes this

From people I talked to the floor was smaller yes  the classes were informative Food places excellent  & The Jack Daniels distillery tour was a plus