Flashpoint

FDNY hires nine ex-felons amid effort to boost diversity

7 posts in this topic

How can you be an "ex-felon"?  Once you are convicted of a felony aren't you a felon for life?  This entire premise is bizarre...were their convictions overturned or is the article just idiocy.

Once a degenerate, always a degenerate in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, RES24CUE said:

How can you be an "ex-felon"?  Once you are convicted of a felony aren't you a felon for life?  This entire premise is bizarre...were their convictions overturned or is the article just idiocy.

Once a degenerate, always a degenerate in my opinion.

You cant. Your right once a felon always a felon. Poor journalism. I don't like it but I know a couple of people with felony convictions. Nothing violent, obtaining property type stuff. Bad decision at the time but good people. All doing fine now. But yes,  I don't like it. So competitive. But I don't like wake up calls and people being driven to test sites either. Its all f***** up my friend.  

This actually brings back memories to me of my home town, Bridgeport, Ct. They were always trying to meet some numbers game too.

As a result of this policy, many of my personnel friends who were well qualified to become Bridgeport Firefighters, "GAVE UP", and became firefighters elsewhere. Many were also promoted and are leaders in these outside fire departments today. How many others that I don't know, also gave up and did the same thing ? The results being: "Bridgeport's LOSS is another City's GAIN".

Here is an article about the hiring of those "CONVICTED FELONS". One of the "STAR PLAYERS" had been involved in driving the Get Away Car during a DOUBLE HOMICIDE in that city.

https://forums.firehouse.com/forum/firefighting/firefighters-forum/45714-more-trouble-for-bridgeport-ct-fire-dept 

AFS1970 likes this

All NYC firefighters are NYS peace officers by law. 

I wonder what DCJS will say when they get the peace officer forms with the yes, I have been convicted of a felony box marked off

Be interesting. Uncharted territory brother.

Edited by 210