x635

Scarsdale Working Fire 12-4-16 Photos

8 posts in this topic

Nice graphic's on the Scarsdale  VAC  bus.  Thanks  for sharing!!!

@letsgo1547 The job went fatal and actually there was and engine and a truck from Eastchester. So do you really want to call into question the amount of resources IC requested? Personally I saw pictures from a good friend of mine and the ones posted above and as darkness set in the fire grew in size and multiple master streams needed to be placed into operation. Fairview's ladder had to be moved from behind Scarsdale's truck on the A side of the building to the other road for better placement on the B side of the building. So instead of sitting here and asking if all the resources were necessary why don't you just say "Hey man, tough job, good work." or just sit there and don't say anything. 

AFS1970, vodoly, fdalumnus and 1 other like this

Here's the problem, first sorry for the unfortunate passing of the physician. How many FF are on a Scarsdale engine?  Asking, I don't know the answer.  And on their truck?  So, Scarsdale is here, Eastchester, Hartsdale, Fairview, Greenville, White Plains and New Rochelle.  With the exception of New Rochelle and White Plains, what happens in the rest of the Villages if another working fire comes in? Or just two AA's at the same time? Just asking......How much of this MA was needed because most, if not all, of the paid departments don't run with the proper compliment of FF. Does it take 2 additional mutual aid engines to get the same number of FF as two fully staffed engines. 2 Ladders to get the proper number of FF for 1?  

EmsFirePolice and vodoly like this

A couple of points:

1) This was actually a 2nd alarm, hence the amount of equipment.

1st Alarm: Scarsdale E54, E55, E56, L28, C2432

Working Fire: Hartsdale E170, Greenville L4, Eastchester E31, TL17

2nd Alarm: White Plains E66, Fairview L1

Total Response: 6 Engines, 4 Ladders

2) There were 2 engines & 2 ladders brought in to cover Scarsdale.

New Rochelle E23 & Larchmont TL7 to Scarsdale HQ.

Yonkers E314, L75, Battalion 2 to Scarsdale Sta. 2

3) I went on Google Maps and measured the house and it is/was 70 x 50 so it was a good size. If you look at the picture just below the picture of the Scarsdale ambulance, you'll see that the garage was turned into a living space and it appears to be a split level to begin with. So I'm guessing that there were 3 levels in the house to deal with. The windows don't match up going across the front.

**** You are right PHIL78, E23 to the scene and there's even a picture to prove it! ****

Edited by LayTheLine
vodoly likes this

38 minutes ago, LayTheLine said:

A couple of points:

1) This was actually a 2nd alarm, hence the amount of equipment.

1st Alarm: Scarsdale E54, E55, E56, L28, C2432

Working Fire: Hartsdale E170, Greenville L4, Eastchester E31, TL17

2nd Alarm: White Plains E66, Fairview L1

Total Response: 6 Engines, 4 Ladders

2) There were 2 engines & 2 ladders brought in to cover Scarsdale.

New Rochelle E23 & Larchmont TL7 to Scarsdale HQ.

Yonkers E314, L75, Battalion 2 to Scarsdale Sta. 2

3) I went on Google Maps and measured the house and it is/was 70 x 50 so it was a good size. If you look at the picture just below the picture of the Scarsdale ambulance, you'll see that the garage was turned into a living space and it appears to be a split level to begin with. So I'm guessing that there were 3 levels in the house to deal with. The windows don't match up going across the front.

Actually New Rochelle responded to the scene with E23 and MSU 3.

vodoly and LayTheLine like this

As far as Scarsdale's Engines go, they only had Engine 55 & 56 there.  Engine 57 is down for maintenance, and Engine 54 is OOS permanently due to fatal mechanical issues. Ladder 28 was there, and several recall firefighters responded in a department utility.

As far as the mutual aid on scene, Scarsdale, Hartsdale, Greenville, and Fairview have a fairly new automatic aid agreement between the districts on working fires. So, for any 10-75's in those districts, all of the departments will participate. 

AFS1970, EmsFirePolice and vodoly like this