x635

American Medical Response Coming To New Rochelle?

8 posts in this topic

Well, this is interesting. I know @Bnechis mentioned a few months back that AMR bought one of Transcare's old CON's. I wonder what their short term plans are?

https://jobs.evhc.net/job/Brooklyn-AMR-Paramedic-New-Rochelle%2C-NY-NY-11206/381290000/?feedId=173500&utm_source=Indeed.com

Disaster_Guy likes this

I live in New Rochelle and I don't know anything about this. plus New Rochelle has a 3 year contact with Empress.

Copy and paste strikes again...

"We are seeking Paramedics interested in using advance technology, evidence-based medical protocols, and their own critical thinking skills to work for us in Indianapolis, Indiana. "

Curious if this is them exploiting an opening with transcare being gone. They have all but packed up and gone home in Mass. 

Will they be taking over in Mt Vernon as well?  I hear they're looking to make changes there

Somehow I don't see Empress losing their foothold in either Yonkers, Mount Vernon or New Rochelle (what Empress brings to the table is the fact that they have a very large fleet and a very large and "Local" [to Southern Westchester County] presence, which makes their ability to respond and to provide wide coverage (ie: Mutual Aid, etc) is very attractive to those 3 cities.

x635 likes this

AMR gained a lot of strength in NY when they merged with and inherited Rural/Metro. That gave the EMS and transport operations in Buffalo and Rochester.

AMR has come and gone in the metro area over the past couple decades.  I don't believe they still have operations in the NYC area.  They're pretty strong on the West Coast, and in CT as well.  And AMR gobbled up a lot of the smaller ambulance providers in the New England area in the late 1990's as their growth strategy at the time. 

As far as the posted Paramedic positions open in the areas they are, I don't believe they have any infrastructure set up yet that may be premature. 

I believe Empress EMS is the superior provider, and is much more invested in providing EMS then AMR would be.

EmsFirePolice likes this

I am not familiar with how EMS works in NY, but is it possible that AMR is hiring EMS providers to provide transfer service between facilities?

That might explain why they all the sudden need to hire people without having obtained government contracts for any 911 services.

Disaster_Guy and eddie295 like this