nfd2004

Photo page 24 of FDNYs Bravest.com

7 posts in this topic

Once again, another page of photos has been added to the fdnysbravest.com web site.

This is Page 24 of a very busy 1980s for the members of the FDNY. Second only to their prior so called: "FDNY War Years" of the earlier 1970s.

I think it's safe to say, "some pretty impressive photos" to say the least.

Click on the link below.

www.fdnysbravest.com/page24.htm

BIGRED1, BFD1054 and Westfield12 like this

I love seeing pics of the old ALF rearmount TL14.  Pictures of that thing are about as rare as unicorns.

BFD1054 and BIGRED1 like this

1 hour ago, mfc2257 said:

I love seeing pics of the old ALF rearmount TL14.  Pictures of that thing are about as rare as unicorns.

That was a real low rider ALF Rearmount tower ladder 14's had back then Seen it staged at a few of the big jobs in Washington Heights

42 minutes ago, vodoly said:

That was a real low rider ALF Rearmount tower ladder 14's had back then Seen it staged at a few of the big jobs in Washington Heights

Its twin was L163 in Woodside.  FDNY only had 2.

44 minutes ago, mfc2257 said:

Its twin was L163 in Woodside.  FDNY only had 2.

Almost forgot yes it was twins they ordered  2 ugly twins too LOL

I have no idea how the operators of those two HUGE rigs were able to get them through some of those streets with cars parked on both sides.

Then once they got there, came the job of being able to get that bucket up. That required the use of those outriggers to be come out and put down. The distance of the overall spread was much more than other aerials or tower ladders.

What a GREAT JOB those guys did operating a truck of that size on some of those NYC streets.

BFD1054, vodoly, eng258 and 1 other like this