x635

Stamford FD's New Rescue Truck Awarded To Pierce

17 posts in this topic

Very interesting. First off a quality manufacturer, and the Pierce Enforcer is my new favorite chassis so glad to see that. Single axle. Knew that was a possibility but was betting on a tandem axle. But a pump? Is there going to be a change in tactics? (Photos of the drawing and a similar vehicle should load automatically below, give it a second)

Very similar to the Pierce PUC Rescue that was delivered to Round Rock TX FD where I used to live. (Click here to view)

COH Bulldog, Westfield12 and vodoly like this

They sould of done the Dash CF chassis a return to the days of the Mack's either way nice choice 

AFS1970 likes this

1 hour ago, savff said:

The drawing and the Picture are Enforcer chassis not the Dash.

They should of used the Dash CF is what I meant 

I am not sure as to what the benefit of a Dash CF would be to the Stamford Fire Department. The new CF has a very obtuse interior cab configuration and offers absolutely no benefit to the application that the Department is looking for or needs. 

The Pierce Enforcer is a very practical chassis and offered us everything we needed and nothing that we did not need.

Unlike many of the Departments often represented in apparatus discussions on this site, we operate with a given amount of money for a purchase.

What we have to spend, is what we have to spend and not a penny more. 

This vehicle incorporated several design components that factored heavily into the final price tag. Getting everything to work for the money we had allocated and available was not an easy task. 

The truck should be delivered by the end of this year or early 2018. 

Excellent I like the Enforcer chassis too my favorite's the Velocity chassis BTW Jersey City spec ed a new Enforcer  pumper 

Edited by vodoly

I thought i read somewhere KME won the bid for the rescue. 

18 minutes ago, Anesti said:

I thought i read somewhere KME won the bid for the rescue. 

No, KME did not win a bid for a rescue truck in Stamford.

Westfield12 and Anesti like this

@x152 how/when will the pump be deployed? I know since the PUC came out it's allowed some very unique setups of rescues, engines, etc.

Westfield12 likes this

2 hours ago, x635 said:

@x152 how/when will the pump be deployed? I know since the PUC came out it's allowed some very unique setups of rescues, engines, etc.

Palisades Parks XT Rescue has a 250 gpm pump on it the pump panels hidden behind the roll up door  first door driver side line in in the bumper 

What is the reason for the change to a rescue engine? We are considering a similar project when our rescue is due for replacement. I was looking for some of their reasoning. Our biggest issue is will it have enough space.

Westfield12 likes this

More then enough space and you have another engine when needed , also it you have man power problems one less driver

Westfield12 likes this