ex-commish

Nutrition, health, and fitness

3 posts in this topic

Recently losing 110 lbs and developing healthy habits, I have become passionate for health and fitness as well as an advocate for firefighter, ems, and law enforcement health and wellness. As a health coach and in the process of obtaining my  personal trainer certificate, I would like to share fitness ideas with others. What are members doing to obtain optimal health? Cardio? Weight training? Both? How much time do you dedicate to working out? What about diet? What are you eating? Do your departments have exercise facilities or gym memberships? Do we overlook our own health and wellbeing as we care for others? 

AFS1970 and BFD1054 like this

I've been following your quest on Facebook and I am in awe. You've got incredible discipline and willpower. I like the questions you've asked in this post. As for me, I've been doing literally nothing for my health...hard to find motivation in all parts of the equation.

On 4/8/2017 at 9:23 PM, x635 said:

I've been following your quest on Facebook and I am in awe. You've got incredible discipline and willpower. I like the questions you've asked in this post. As for me, I've been doing literally nothing for my health...hard to find motivation in all parts of the equation.

Seth, first thank you for the kind comments. Motivation is something you have to find within. I have found what keeps me motivated is the life I am living now as opposed to only a few months ago as well as a huge reduction in the medications I was taking especially insulin which I am off. I can say with all honestly if you don't address your health now you will have to address it later. There is an old saying" people who don't find the time now to be healthy will have to find the time later to be sick". 

x635 and BFD1054 like this