SageVigiles

DCFD Hockey Team Revives Sheriff's Deputy at Hockey Game

1 post in this topic

Deputy Thanks DC Firefighters for Saving His Life After Suffering Heart Attack During Hockey Game

By: Fox DC Staff

May 23, 2017

WASHINGTON - A St. Mary’s County deputy is grateful to be alive thanks to some quick-thinking first responders.

On April 7, David Corcoran was playing goalie for the U.S. Capitol Police Department’s hockey team facing off against D.C. firefighters at the DC Firefighters Burn Foundation benefit tournament when he went into cardiac arrest.

Corcoran had no pulse and eight members of the D.C. Fire and EMS Department quickly jumped into action to performed CPR on him right on the ice. After a few minutes, Corcoran regained his pulse and was transported to the hospital

“When I woke up, I didn't quite know what happened,” said Corcoran. “I thought I just passed out. When I woke up and I was like, ‘Get off me, get off me. I’m okay.’ I was told, ‘No, this is a little more serious, you had a heart attack’ and explained everything. Somebody to my right, whoever was doing most of the talking, said something like, ‘We got your back. You're going to make it.’

Nice job by the DCFD Hockey Team.

Edited by SageVigiles
goon16, BFD1054, sueg and 4 others like this