PCFD ENG58

Port Chester 2010 Puc sold

11 posts in this topic

Engine 58 was sold last night for $236,000.00   for a loss of  about  $150,000.00 dollars  . What a shame to the taxpayers of Port Chester

bigrig77 and FDNY 10-75 like this

Yeah, I have to also ask why? I understand the full time staff were laid off but why sell the rig when there are older trucks in the fleet? If it's because it was the full timers rig than that's just petty.

8 hours ago, MiFF said:

Yeah, I have to also ask why? I understand the full time staff were laid off but why sell the rig when there are older trucks in the fleet? If it's because it was the full timers rig than that's just petty.

BINGO !!!

Getting a new rig for the current chief's company (engine 60 aka Reliance E&H) was one of the many stupid reasons for the layoff. I truly believe the layoffs will come back to haunt them if not soon, definitely later. BTW, they're using the other paid rig, eng 59, for a spare.

Edited by fdalumnus
bigrig77 and FDNY 10-75 like this

1 hour ago, fdalumnus said:

BINGO !!!

Getting a new rig for the current chief's company (engine 60 aka Reliance E&H) was one of the many stupid reasons for the layoff. I truly believe the layoofs will come back to haunt them if not soon, definitely later. BTW, they're using the other paid rig, eng 59, for a spare.

I understand selling the newer rig to get a better selling price (more $$), but it still had another 13 years of life in it!

IMO, E58 could have been placed in the rotation (renumber it as E60).  Then you sell the old E60 and E59, using the money from the sales for a new rig in a few years.

Besides, with the layoff of the 8 firefighters, the village now saves enough money to buy a new rig EVERY YEAR!

1 hour ago, dwcfireman said:

Besides, with the layoff of the 8 firefighters, the village now saves enough money to buy a new rig EVERY YEAR!

Isn't the money from Rye Brook half what PC was getting. And that contract comes up for renewal next year. There will be other options considered by Rye Brook.

dwcfireman and bigrig77 like this

Yet the last YouTube video I saw of Port Chester responding both rigs were driver only. Unless the rest are rolling to the scene in pov's.