Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pictures of New Mini-Attacks

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any pictures of newer model mini-attacks? Also, what are the specs?

i have a pictures of a 2005 e-one mini pumper don't remeber the details about it though like the size of the pump but i can tell you that there is a seperate engine on it for the pump and pump only if you would like the picture of it just tell me how to place it in here and i will do it

Does anyone have any pictures of newer model mini-attacks? Also, what are the specs?

http://www.millwoodfire.org/apparatus.php#pic

I realize that the chassis is 16 years old, but Millwood MA-10 is one of the most robust Mini Pumpers that I've seen in my 14 years as a member of the service.

It's 2 drawbacks are that it was built right before the 7.4L International diesel was fitted with a turbocharger, so It's a pig.... AND it only has 150 gallons of water...

However, it's is designed to be a mini fire truck... It's NOT a brush truck, it's NOT a quick attack. It is designed to operate either off road as a pumper at a fire (once again not as a dedicated brush truck, but a pumper) OR at fires where traditional fire apparatus cannot fit. It's designed to lay into and be supplied, or suppress fire with it's pre piped class B foam system.

As mentioned before, it's specs are below, and could easially be reproduced on a modern F-550 chassis.

Ford F-350

Hale 750gpm single stage with pre piped class B foam system

150gal water

25 gal foam

1000 (one thousand) feet of 4 inch supply hose

150 1.75in crosslay

200ft 2in crosslay

100ft 1.75in foam line

forestry hose with supply 3inch supply line with manifold

chain saw

2 Scott paks with spares

Mulit purpose ladder

Attachments for Zodiac transport

water rescue gear

winch

Edited by mfc2257

Here in PA our brush unit is a 2002 KME on a Ford F550 chassis. It also serves as a light rescue/suburban interface pumper. 2544 is also used as a Quick Response Vehicle and carries a full complement of BLS equipment It has a 500gpm pump with a 270 gallon water tank as well as 30 gallons of foam. The unit is also equipped with a 1000gpm deck gun, ground sweeps, a TnT combi tool and a 10kw generator. Unfortunately, my photos are too large to be attached to the post, maybe I'll try to get them put up on the main site.

Are you looking for pictures because you are looking to spec a vehicle and are shopping for ideas OR are you looking for them for other reasons.

If you are looking to spec, let us know a little more about your preferences so that some of us can forward more specific items.

From prior experience I'm pretty familiar with a good deal of "smaller fire apparatus" be it brush truck on pickup chassis, commercial chassis, military chassis, as well as quick attacks, mini-attack/mini pumper, and short wheel base commercial and custom cab pumpers.

There are probably folks from Dutchess and Putnam who can help as well...

Check out Squad 14 of Southport FD. It has a 700 gpm pump, 500 gallon tank, couple of crosslays, locking rear diff, trailer hitch for their zodiack, 2 30 ft light towers, stokes basket as well as some other misc. tools.

www.southportvfd.com