Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DES630

New Police Car

6 posts in this topic

I am not one to get excited over a New Fire engine, Chiefs car or Police Cars but after seeing this I thought it was pretty cool concept. Check it out

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

Interesting concept... sort of like going with a totally custom built fire apparatus instead of one built on a commercial cab/chassis. I guess the theory is sort of "Why retro-fit a large RWD sedan when you can buy something made from the wheels up for the specific purpose?" ...of course there are the questions of availability of parts, qualified mechanics, etc. that will need to be easily answered if Carbon wants to make this work.

I wonder if Ford (and to a lesser degree Dodge and Chevy) will have any official reaction to this? With the "Big 3" money problems (to put it mildly) I would think that they will see this as yet another threat to their financial well-being... I would also be curious to see how much money Crown Vic police fleet sales contribute to Ford's bottom line every year.

A few mo ago they had the car on discovery & yesterday (I think on MSN or Fox). Awsome looking and sounding car. Would love to see it on the road, but not behind me. I would of to have it when I was on. Wonder if they make a K9 unit

IDK how true this is but I had heard Chevy was going to look to change from the Impala. Now that was before all of this financial trouble started. That was at the same time i heard Ford was looking to change the Crown Vic. But with the big 3 in trouble who knows what will happen.

this looks intrested.seeing something built for law enforcement like the fire service.id like to see one these upclose.

Definitely interesting, i'm surprised something like this hasn't come up before. Definitely like the idea of the small diesel engine..