Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest WRVFD9000

South Salem Fire Department Frequency 45.7200. Use?

5 posts in this topic

I recently came across the frequency 45.7200 for the South Salem Fire Department and couldn't find a description anywhere of what it is used for. Is it a fireground frequency? I know that 46.26 is the channel 1 the dispatch frequency and that 46.14 is a mutual aid frequency. Another question I had is how often do they use the county trunked system?

45.72 is a frequency that is used to retransmit Fire 13 so that responding members can hear the trunked radio, so if a call is canceled they will know. After initial dispatch on 46.26, they can switch the pagers to channel 2 (as long as the pager is 2 channel capable) and monitor the trunk.

45.72 is a frequency that is used to retransmit Fire 13 so that responding members can hear the trunked radio, so if a call is canceled they will know. After initial dispatch on 46.26, they can switch the pagers to channel 2 (as long as the pager is 2 channel capable) and monitor the trunk.

Hey thanks for the response. So after the intial dispatch on 46.2600 they use FIRE 13 for the fireground? Is the initial dispatch also simulcast on FIRE13? I imagine that SSFD uses the county issued XTS2500 portables.

It is not simulcast on the trunk,

Katonah does the same thing on 46.220 so fire 16 can be heard.

It is not simulcast on the trunk,

Katonah does the same thing on 46.220 so fire 16 can be heard.

Thanks for the response. So Katonah uses 46.2200 to simulcast fire 16, is this a common thing among most of the towns that they simulcast the trunked system on lowband.