Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XCAPT133

Peekskill VAC New Rig Soon

14 posts in this topic

Peekskill VAC will be getting a new rig in July 2004

VAC is short for Volunteer Ambulance Corps.

Thank you CG206. :D We don't have anything like that around here. 8)

Is it true that Peekskill VAC is going back to 4 rigs???

I'm not totally sure, but I think they've been throwing the idea around again. Which isn't a bad idea. Not so much with call volume, they can generally handle anything thrown at them routine job wise with 3 rigs, which the average during the day to get out is close to 2. But it will give them greater flexibility when a bus goes down to have the 4th, and an extra bus to go into the rotation to lessen the stress and wear and tear on just 3.

Is PCVAC still the busiest VAC in the county? Or did Mohegan finally surpass them in the numbers?

WAS: I believe they are still busier then Mohegan. However, I'm not completely sure if they surpass OVAC in call volume. Or they are very close, but its also hard to tell being OVAC is dispatched by OPD and not FCON.

The brand will be a Braun Four Wheel Drive.

alsfirefighter: keep in mind also that OVAC is actually two different agencies. The ambulances are OVAC, the flycars are "TriCommunity Flycar". I'll have to ask Neil what thier call volume combined and uncombined was last year for comparison.

Is PCVAC still the busiest VAC in the county? Or did Mohegan finally surpass them in the numbers?

In 2003, Mohegan FD VAC was dispatched to a total of 2,367 calls.

Ummm, thanks WAS, but being I work there, I'm pretty sure I know its 2 agencies. I was only talking about the VAC. The volume is similiar to Mohegan and Peekskill VAC's. My own experience is that on a personal level I was always busier on the bus then the flycar.

Oops. Forgot you work there. :D Yeah, when I was a member, the rig was always busier than the flycar. The medic on the flycar used to just hole up in the bunk room and maybe we'd see them once or twice a day. :D I have to hand it to them ,they had a good "quality" of call volume, but do they really do any many as PCVAC and Mohegan?