Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

New Brush Truck

3 posts in this topic

:) Hey, just wanted to boast a little about our new Brush Truck, 5051, in progress. A while ago someone in our district started a fundraiser for memorial bricks to be placed in our memorial sign at our new firehouse to off-set raising the taxes to pay for the new station. It worked WELL, and people just kept donating to the fund even after the station was finished. The man who started that fund approached us with the balance of the fund and said that it was ours provided we used it "For the community." He presented us with a $50,000 check!! B)

We recently ordered a new Brush Truck ( Dont have the particulars yet, still being worked on by the truck committee, will post when I get them.) To replace our aging 1971 ford, 4WD, 5 speed stick with 250 gallon tank. So far its 95% speced out at a cost of $42,000 with $8,000 left over to equip it. Lucky brake for us, needless to say this gentleman will receive a BIG thank you from our dept. :D

Will post more info when I get it.

Jonesy

Hey jonesy, can't tell between a ford and a GMC!!! :o

Yah, you know how it is, you have to be a "Qualified Person" to get included in all of the discussions up here. :P It is soooo hush hush, they only mentioned what I posted at the meeting the other night and that is it. :)

Talk to you soon.

Jonesy