Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

Low Pro Trucks

9 posts in this topic

How many fire departments around the area have apparatus built to be low profile? Is this because of height restrictions inside the firehouse?Ex: Yorktown and Pelham's new ladders...

How many fire departments around the area have apparatus built to be low profile? Is this because of height restrictions inside the firehouse?Ex: Yorktown and Pelham's new ladders...

tarrytown engine 80 riverside hose. 1988 E-one pumper. we only have a 9.5 ft door

Croton Falls E 147, 148 & U28 all at Station #1

Rye Ladder 25

2001 Seagrave 100' Rearmount Lo-Pro

OAH: 10'-0"

This is largely due to low bridge heights at some key locations (Metro North bridges at Locust Ave and Purchase St)

Edited by 242steve

I hered Pelham got a Low Pro cuz any other wouldnt fit through the garage door. Correct me if im wrong Shantz, Pudge, or PFDR45

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

engine 42 from mamaroneck village is low profile 1989 pierce lance

New Canaan(Fairfield)CT

Our Ladder 3 is a 2001 Seagrave Lo-Pro rearmount

This was our only option due to door height restriction

I must say, it has proven to be an outstanding truck!!

I was driving by Valhalla FH the other day, it seems they should have ordered there new utility a low profile version. Seems to just fit the third bay if they go really slow and watch out for sand on the pavement to cause the 1/4" clearence they have to be lost and scrape the roof A/C.

Graham as you know bedford villages trucks must all be designed to fit inside the fire house engine 109 and 108 come to mind