Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"RES-Q-JACK", Anyone Seen It Before?

14 posts in this topic

I've never seen that particular brand in use, but I've used modified high lift jacks for years in the same capacity. There are other manufacturers that make various similar types of ratchet or hydraulic lift/stabilization devices.

I can't say that I've seen one made out of composit materials like that yet. I'd be curious to know that it is... Carbon Fiber? Carbon Kevlar?

Whatever it is, I'm sure it's a ton lighter than a cast iron high lift jack.

We have one down here....

yeah White Plains has them on their rescue they have used them a few times and they work pretty well. They are not composite however they are all metal with nylon straps.

Edited by JN352

yeah White Plains has them on their rescue they have used them a few times and they work pretty well.  They are not composite however they are all metal with nylon straps.

The ad from the link indicates "new" composit struts... After some further reading, it looks like that use a fiberglass reinforced polymer for the struts... Interesting insofar as they'll be light, but I would wonder what their resistive characteristics towards chemicals, gas, and heat are?

Edited by mfc2257

I believe they had these jacks at the fire house expo in maryland, I don't beleive they were the same brand they looked nice and easy to hook up and can be used for several emergencyy types. I would like to see a set or 2 on your ladder truck now that we carry extrication tools.

Yeah I see this all the time in Fire House magazine. But I have not seen this exact thing but I have seen other types like it.

Yes I have seen them at the NYS Fire Chiefs Convention in PA. They are excellent for overturned vehicles. Quick to deploy and easy to use. Not sure about the resistancy to chemicals and gas though. There were "point" attachments so you could peirce the metal skin of the car and stabilize it easier. Good tool.

Croton Falls, and Brewster have them. Brewster just had a demonstration on how they are used to the full capacity they were made for by the company. AWESOME tool

Chappaqua has them. We have used them a few times so far. They make the vehicle rock solid and are quick to deploy. It takes a few drills working with them to get the hang of them and be able to deploy them quickly.

We are having a demo on them this Sunday. We are deciding on these or Paratech's. If anyone has any comments on the 2, they would be appreciated.

I would also check out the Junkyard Dog series of jacks basically the same thing. The Paratech & Holmatro units from the best of my knowledge are more of trench or collapse shoring style units.

I know Croton Falls has them, and i think maybe Brewster and Put. Lake.

Best tool in the world for stabilization. We use Paratech's struts with the auto kit where I work, and wish we had res-q-jack's. I've used the Jacks during my short employment as a fire/rescue sales person.

The owner of the Jack is an awesome guy, he has an engineer who designs lifting equipment for lifing houses.

I think these tools are well designed, and are a hudge asset to the rescue community.

DISCLAIMER:

I was fired from my sales job (and didn't find out for 2 months after I was fired), and have no direct affiliation with res-q-jack or it's subsideraries. And I will not gain personally or financially from any endorsements I claim to make to YOU!!!

Edited by Rich DD