Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Armonk, NY- NYSP limo pursuit w/MVA 4-15-06

3 posts in this topic

This looks like it was a pretty wild scene !!

Police chase out-of-control limo, driver crashes on quiet Armonk street

By CANDICE FERRETTE

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original Publication: April 15, 2006)

A police chase of a white stretch limousine ended wildly this afternoon with the suspect gunning the limo in reverse down a quiet residential street in Armonk and then crashing into a tree.

Witnesses said the unidentified driver reached speeds of 45 to 50 miles per hour down Hunter Street in a bid to evade State Police, all while traveling backwards.

Frank Munno, a 65-year-old resident, was outside putting fertilizer on his lawn when he saw the limo and heard the police sirens.

He said the vehicle swerved and crashed about 150 feet from his home as the street curves uphill.

Police took the man out of the limo, put him on the ground and drew their guns, he said.

Munno said he was surprised the chase ended with no major injuries. The neighborhood usually has its fair share of joggers and mothers out with strollers on a Saturday afternoon, he said.

"It could have been a disaster," he said. "Someone could have lost their life."

State Police had been chasing the limousine on portions of I-287 and I-684 before entering Armonk.

Troopers said they would have an official release on the chase and arrest later today.

That is one crazy story. You don't hear to many pursuits involving a lime. LOL

i live in armonk and i live and i live very close to the road were they stoped the limo, heard the sierns and i also went past it becasue i saw that the car had crashed but, the police had a ESU on scene so i did not stop.