Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryefd192

Scott RIT Packs

4 posts in this topic

How many departments up here actually have the special designted "RIT pack" that goes with the quick fill valve (near bottle connection) on the newer packs. We have one in Alabama, and until I saw it, I didnt know what those valves were for.

my department has drager packs ...but all of ours have those valves

we have the scott RIT assembly with the bag and buddy breathing lines. works well other than the hose connections can be difficult in adverse conditions(Like you would be expected to operate in) and with gloves on. don't know much about other manufacters products but would recommend the scott. the buddy breathing ability is nice because it acts like a cascade system giving a limitless amount of time of air.

How many departments up here actually have the special designted "RIT pack" that goes with the quick fill valve (near bottle connection) on the newer packs. We have one in Alabama, and until I saw it, I didnt know what those valves were for.

That valve is actually a RIC, rapid intervention connection, it is a NFPA standard on ALL SCBA, the connection is supposed to be universal to all manufacturers and when you by a Scott Rit pak, a RIC connector now comes with that as an additional way to get air to a SCBA.