Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

Ferrara Strongarm Video

12 posts in this topic

Yeah, I saw those a little while ago when I was on that site. They are pretty cool.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

lololol...they make it look reaaaaaaaaaaaaal good in that tour of the facility

This is an awsome piece of equipment, maybe more departments should be aware of this.

I don't think they sold one of those yet. Imfresive but very industial Firefighting oriented.

They sold a few of them to Istanbul. I believe thats the first order to have been placed.

Being a new firefighter actually just finishing my training. They taught me three things the first night and pounded those three things every night.

1.) Life Safety

2.) Property Conservation

3.) Incident Stabilization

How does a Strong Arm support Property Conservation?

It is one awesome piece of machinery, don't get me wrong.

Talking to the guys on my department, there has never been a reason to actually start smashing the house to save anything. I may be wrong, but I don't understand that if these are the three principles firefighters are suppose to go by, why would any fire department buy a strong arm.

Being a new firefighter actually just finishing my training. They taught me three things the first night and pounded those three things every night.

1.) Life Safety

2.) Property Conservation

3.) Incident Stabilization

How does a Strong Arm support Property Conservation?

It is one awesome piece of machinery, don't get me wrong.

Talking to the guys on my department, there has never been a reason to actually start smashing the house to save anything. I may be wrong, but I don't understand that if these are the three principles firefighters are suppose to go by, why would any fire department buy a strong arm.

The Strongarm is intended for mainly defensive operations, where you're not really going to salvage much of the primarily involved structure anyway. The key is to protect any exposures by preventing the spread of fire. Master streams (deck guns and ladder pipes) are often hard to position and aim directly at the seat of the fire, and often times can push fire into uninvolved sections of the structure. The Strongarm concept allows for much more pinpoint accuracy as well as the ability to penetrate into a structure. The multiple jets on the nozzle act just like a cellar nozzle, in that they cover a 360 degree area, and you will use less water because of that. When you combine all those factors, you will actually SAVE more property than it seems. A hole in a wall or roof in just one room is a LOT easier to repair than damage from fire spreading throughout the structure because you pushed it further with master streams, or all the water damage that results.

I didn't like the opening funeral scenes and entire theme of needing one of these things in order to ensure firefighters won't die. That kind of marketing, while I'm sure effective on people who let their emotions guide their decisions, disgusts me.

Edited by res6cue

A strong arm seems like a good idea for a industrial firefighting team because it will be a hell of a lot more expensive to replace an entire supply and facility then it is to replace a few parts and sections for a company and the strong arm would be good for parts of an appartment builidng that a fire fighter can not get to such as the 10 alarmer in the city a few days ago.

A strong arm seems like a good idea for a industrial firefighting team because it will be a hell of a lot more expensive to replace an entire supply and facility then it is to replace a few parts and sections for a company and the strong arm would be good for parts of an appartment builidng that a fire fighter can not get to such as the 10 alarmer in the city a few days ago.

nice westchester county should buy one for the county. 4-star

I bet FDNY wish they had one or two of these in Brooklyn the other day :D