Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N1Medic

6 posts in this topic

Hmmmm. I wonder if this article, and this "Ziggy", takes into account the PD's delay in calling for a medic, which is often an issue in the medic's delayed response.

Hmmmm. I wonder if this article, and this "Ziggy", takes into account the PD's delay in calling for a medic, which is often an issue in the medic's delayed response.

YEA ZIGGY KNOWS THE DELAY. AND ZIGGY KNOWS THAT IF THERE WAS A MEDIC FOR THE TOWN THAT DELAY WOULD GO AWAY. ALSO NYS PROTOCOL STATES NEVER DELAY TRANSPORT. MY THINKING IS THAT WHAT IF A MEDIC IS ON THE WAY AND HAS AN ACCIDENT....SO NOW YOU HAVE DELAYED DEFINITIVE CARE EVEN LONGER.

N1med  I am not anti WEMS, But pro EMS, The price WEMS charges is way to much for the service provided and they also bill patients. Do I think New Castle needs a dedicated fly car no. By New Castle raising the Questions they have already provided a better service for thier town. A better price and talk of adding an extra fly car. Probrably work out to be on the road in the busier time frame. If New Castle did get thier own fly car Mutual Aid is very simple. We give mutual aid when all requesting towns resources are in use and ask when all New Castle resources are busy. Not when you are unable to get a crew.

THERE IS NO BETTER PRICE THRU NEW CASTLES EXISTING PROVIDER. THREE FLYCARS FOR OVER 1.5 MILLION. ANY ADDITIONAL CARS WILL COME WITH ANOTHER STEEP PRICE. LOOK WHAT PUTNAM PAYS FOR 4 FLYCAR MEDICS...445,000? AND THEY ARE STILL LOOKING TO PAY MORE IN THE NAME OF RESPONSE TIMES. PATIENT CARE COMES FIRST. SOMEONE NEEDS TO POINT THAT OUT TO THE TOWNS IN THIS CONSORTIUM WHICH I BELIEVE INCLUDES SOME OF THE WEALTHIEST COMMUNITIES IN THE COUNTY. ITS ALMOST LIKE SOMEONE NEEDS TO DIE BEFORE PEOPLE WAKE UP AND SEE THAT EMS IS A VITAL SERVICE. AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN WEMS BILLS PATIENTS? THERE HAS NOT BEEN REVENUE RECOVERY FOR ALS SINCE TRANSCARE WAS UP THERE. THOUGH I GUESS IF I RECALL MEDICARE CORRECTLY YOU CAN BILL THRU THE HOSPITAL.

I think Mrs wells should be congratulated for being brave enough to take on this topic. Now from the news papers figures average response times for a medic in New Castle is 20 minutes. Adding up all times divide by 8 = 20 minutes. One full time medic in town 24/7 higher price quoted of 357,000 - 125,00 billing = 232,000 Better service less money. As far as dispatch goes, let that medic have a PD radio then they can go at the same time.

Well the Town decided to stay with what is possibly the most expensive fly car system in the USA.....and not even have it dedicated to her town at over 1.5 million dollars for 3 cars and still have 20 min + response times.

does anyone know what the result of the vote was?

they voted 4 to 1 to stay with the most expensive flycar system( 1.5million+) that shares 3 ALSFR with 7 other towns. The other Board members were not impressed with 50% better response times and a car before revenue recovery at 325,000.

N1med I am not anti WEMS, But pro EMS, The price WEMS charges is way to much for the service provided and they also bill patients. Do I think New Castle needs a dedicated fly car no. By New Castle raising the Questions they have already provided a better service for thier town. A better price and talk of adding an extra fly car. Probrably work out to be on the road in the busier time frame. If New Castle did get thier own fly car Mutual Aid is very simple. We give mutual aid when all requesting towns resources are in use and ask when all New Castle resources are busy. Not when you are unable to get a crew.

[/quote

AN EXTRA FLYCAR WILL COST EVEN MORE. WHY DOES IT COST 505,000 FOR A FLYCAR?

IT ANOTHER COMPANY GAVE A PROPOSAL FOR A FLYCAR MORE IN LINE WITH THE OTHER COMPANIES THEN THE TOWN'S SHARE WOULD BE SUBSTANTIALLY LESS. OR LOOK AT IT THIS WAY ...FOR THAT PRICE THEY COULD HAVE 2 MEDICS PER CAR LIKE ROCKLAND WITH 2 SETS OF GEAR. AND MUTUAL AID KICKS IN WHENEVER HELP IS NEEDED BUT UNAVAILABLE REGARDLESS OF WHY. WHEN YOU CALL 911 AND A CREW IS NOT AVAILABLE MUTUAL AID IS USED.