Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WMCer111

NYPD P.O preperation

2 posts in this topic

I have a friend who is very intrested in becoming a NYPD officer... I was wondering if anyone had any information on both the written and physical portion of the tests... what do they entail?? also any information on other resources that could help her prepare for the written test would be greatly appreciated (websites, books, etc.)

Best bet is contact 212-RECRUIT. theu will give all the info you need. Written test is usually 100 multiple choice questions. Usually the first 15 to 20 questions are a memory test from a picture supplied during the test. Rest of test is reading comprehension, general knowledge. The physical test is an obstacle course, with a trigger pull test. NYPD uses 12 pound trigger pull, very heavy. Must pull trigger 16 times with gun through small cut out, about 5"x5", without touching sides. If you are considering it I suggest lots of running, for endurance. Also try the city website: Nyc.gov/nypd . There is a link on the left side for test information. Hope this helps.