Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Former Westchester Cty Mack B-85 Thermodyne Trucks

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember what municipalities had in service the Mack B-85 Thermodyne Rig, either as a Pumper, Ladder, or Rescue Apparatus, and what they were?

Millwood had E245. A 1957 (maybe a 1958 I can't recall this moment) tandem axle B model Mack. It was in service until Tanker 15 was placed on the line in 1995. It had a 5 man enclosed cab and was white over red.

Mount Vernon Engine 5 was a 1958 Mack B-Model. Open cab. Was in service until 1978 I believe.

Though not a B-85, Vista ran a 1959 B-52 tandem axle 3600 gallon tanker truck. It was the first tanker 4, a retired oil truck.

Briarcliff had two 1956 Mack B-85's. One was a pumper for Engine 94 that served until 1984 and the other was a 75' ladder truck truck that served until 1982. Both were beautiful rigs. I believe the ladder went to a department in New Hampshire and I forget where the pumper went.

Both the Briarcliff rigs were traded into mack, but mack did not take trade in's. they were bought by the sales rep a.k.e. carl tougle the mack theft and brought to his Clarmount Vermount warehouse were he sold them to new fire companys. the ladder went to a town called millton N. H. I have a pit. of it panited red. and the pump went to a town near lake weiinakasappa. :wub: